An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

One Year Without Meth

Discussion in 'Methamphetamine / Meth' started by FreeSpirit, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Nergaahl

Nergaahl Community Champion

Congratulations! I heard it's a very addictive drug, but I'm happy you managed to stay clean for such a long time and want to remain clean. We're all proud of you!
    ExpertAdvice likes this.
  2. wulfman

wulfman Senior Contributor

Congratulations to you. Keep it up and enjoy what life has to offer.
  3. GenevB

GenevB Community Champion

Congratulations! You are awesome! I know how scary it might look when you imagine the rest of your life without the object of your past addiction, but never look back and never give up! Keep on staying sober, go to a gym, purchase a membership, have a healthy and active life, and inspire everyone around! I wish you all the best!
  4. notodrugs

notodrugs Community Listener Community Listener

Well done you! You're an inspiration to others and your determination is admirable!

Yes, it is possible to stay away from it. My brother in law was once a meth user. He got to the point when he did not even notice his daughter who was a toddler then got out of their house. She wandered around the neighborhood reaching a river in their vicinity. Thank God another neighbor saw her and brought her home. And he was never awakened by the commotion. Yet that did not make him stop. What made him was a job opportunity that he had to be clean for to pass its medical test. So he did and stayed clean up to now. He just loves that job. It gave him some kind of goal and worth as a person. So I guess that did it for him.

All the best to you!
  5. SF13

SF13 Member

Congratulations on your continuing deliverance from meth. I know several people who just can't or won't allow themselves to get clean of whatever they are on. It's great to see that you've managed to make that happen.
  6. Determined2014

Determined2014 Senior Contributor

Good for you and congratulations, that stuff does not seem easy to get off, but I am glad that you did it, it will be a great encouragement for those trying to get off it.
  7. bburks010

bburks010 Member

Congrats, This is a huge milestone for you.
  8. Nate5

Nate5 Active Contributor

That's great to hear! Congratulations! I can't imagine how elated you must be, and I'm really glad that you're deciding to not go back. I think you've become a better person, and I hope your story will be an inspiration to other people who need the hope.
  9. Denise

Denise Member

Congratulations.. Soon I will be able to say I have a year clean from meth..
  10. Adriana_RR

Adriana_RR Member

I have a sister who has been in meth for about 4 to 5 years now. she was pregnant and baby died because instead of going into delivery she went to go gert high. she got her baby taken away. got pregnant again 5 months before baby was born she decided to quit. She has shown that shes been doing better, but her new born baby was taken away as well, and im scared she is using again.
    I would like feedback on the signs she is using again we want to help her. She lives a low life guy who makes himself sick, lazy and she supports him. How can we open her eyes. She is about to lose the place shes living at because of him.
  11. Mara

Mara Community Champion

Congratulations. I'm glad to hear that you're clean and free from meth. And thank you for sharing your story here @FreeSpirit. It's always nice to hear stories like yours that can serve as motivation to others who are also trying to recover.

Keep it up. :D
  12. kgord

kgord Community Champion

That is fantastic Free Spirit. Meth is not easy to kick, and the fact that you did is something really to be proud of. It is just one of the great things that you can enjoy. It is one of the things that you will enjoy as you move forward, not to have that meth monkey on your back. It is really fantastic!!