An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

opiate addiction pills, why do they feel like weed

Discussion in 'Prescription Drugs' started by amin021023, Aug 24, 2015.

1. amin021023

amin021023 Community Champion

Hey guys, so I took a couple of B2 pills which is for opiate addicts who wants to get recovered, therefore I expected to feel warm and sleepy and an itchy skin but non of that happened, it felt not much different from the high that weed gives you...so I was wondering if weed is a good thing for those who are detoxing from opiate?
  2. Ttirb

Ttirb Active Contributor

When I was detoxing from opiates weed did not help me, but I guess it really depends on the person cause a friend of mine said it helped him. The only thing that's ever helped me with an opiate detox is suboxone.
  3. amin021023

amin021023 Community Champion

Yeah I guess it does depend on the person, a friend of mine also used weed for opiate detox but he used it heavily...he was like smoking out of the bong for several hours...
  4. Tsky45

Tsky45 Community Champion

Marijuana can be used for medicinal purposes. This is the first time that I heard it can be used for recovery from another drug. There has been many things research has uncovered about marijuana. If this can help you recover from opiates and it's proven, it may be prescribed in pill form. It's interesting that B2 pills are similar to weed.
  5. lilfaerie28

lilfaerie28 Active Contributor

What are B2 pills? I don't think I've ever heard of them. I don't think weed really helps for opiate detox, but I guess everyone is different. Kratom is the only thing that has ever worked for me, and I don't like the way it makes me feel.
  6. Kellyh33

Kellyh33 Member

I have never had to detox from opiates, but from what I have witnessed from others, it doesn't surprise me that marijuana may help through the process somewhat. We now know that marijuana does in fact have many medicinal qualities. Aiding in anxiety and naseau are only two among the many. It can also help with pain relief, so it's very possible that for some people this could be a pleasant alternative to other medications.