An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Opinions on the Charlottes Web Program?

Discussion in 'Marijuana' started by 333, Dec 30, 2015.

1. 333

333 Member

Being from Colorado, I am very educated on the medical and recreational use of marijuana. I do not smoke it myself, but have seen the impacts it has made on the community. One impact is the Charlottes Web program, in which medical grade marijuana is given to children who have severe epilepsy. The special marijuana has very little to no THC in it, which is the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana. My own life has been closely effected, because my very close friend has a daughter who used to have 200+ seizures per day, and after the medical cannabis, only has about one or two per day. Any oppinions?
  2. JonnyMacdonald

JonnyMacdonald Community Champion

I trust doctors to come up with a variety of ways to treat things.
    When we restrict what they can do, we are taking it away from patients.
    See they can just take the THC out and now you have a new medicine!
  3. LoveEcho

LoveEcho Community Champion

I absolutely love it! I think it's amazing we can treat such an awful and debilitating condition with something as harmless as marijuana/CBD oil.

I remember watching a documentary about it. This little boy had countless seizures a day, he had to wear a helmet plus knee and elbow pads. His parents had to give him daily enemas of high dose Valium, it would leave him laying down motionless drooling... it was one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen. They started giving him CBD (hemp oil with no THC) and he no longer needed the valium enemas.
  4. thash1979

thash1979 Active Contributor

I love the fact that these men that created this strain in Colorado have had such an impact on the people they are treating. You have to think, they didn't grow this strand overnight and come up with the idea. This has taken many years of crossing strands and hours upon hours of research and work on their end to find a "cure" for epilepsy. They have managed to do, what doctors and paid research and decades could not produce. All from this amazing plant that I feel will take over this world's illnesses and disease if the government just gets out of it's way. Why would they not want to make this CBD oil available in every pharmacy across the country??? Oh, because they aren't the one's that can regulate it's production and rake in all the profits. CBD oil is the new "miracle" potion. I hope that people will open their eyes and make way for this to be available to all the people that are suffering.