New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Outpatient

Discussion in 'Share Your Rehab Experience' started by Faygo1224, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Faygo1224

Faygo1224 Active Contributor

Hi everyone. I wanted to share my rehabilitation experience with you all in hopes it may help someone going through the same thing.

In 2009 i was placed in an outpatient treatment facility fire my alcohol abuse issues. As my situation may be a bit different because it was outpatient, I still understand how difficult transitioning from old habits can be.

As I walked into the facility I was immediately taken into a room which was cashed an Intake Room abd asked dozens upon dozens of questions. I got very agitated during this process and even had to rage a few breaks to gather myself. I was then taken to a nurse to evaluate me. The fun began after that!(sarcasm) the first day was basically getting to know everyone abd the rules of the facility. The next week's were all dedicated to our addictions and how to curtail them.

I actually had a good time when we did outdoor activitieslike confidence builder courses and obstacle courses. The thing that was most difficult for me was trying to tell my story as mine was much different from most because of my time in Iraq and the trauma I suffered from it which resulted in my alcohol addiction. After getting more comfortable with the group, I was able to open up more and that's when the healing really started.

It was smooth sailing after that which made me more open and receptive to the tools I was being taught. After completing the program , I was so excited but also afraid that I wouldn't have that support. Luckily however, to this day I am still in contact with my counselor and am 100% sober!!!!!
    MyDigitalpoint likes this.
  2. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Community Champion

Thanks for sharing your rehab experience with all of us @Faygo1224!

Many times is often unsure to undergo outpatient treatment in the belief it could be as effective as an impatient option, but your experience proves this is also a good way to tackle addiction and recover sobriety.

Congrats for the achievement!