An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Pain Pill Addiction

Discussion in 'Prescription Drugs' started by laramartinez, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Cicicodien

Cicicodien Member

2. Cicicodien

Cicicodien Member

Where do you even get Kratom?
  3. Donnchadh

Donnchadh Active Contributor

Hi there I think that your on the first step to recovery it's not easy admitting that you have a problem well done for getting it out there. Now to the question how long is to long? Nobody can answer this question for you only you can decide and by what you're saying I think your about to say enough is enough.My advice to you would be to taper off reducing your levels gradually to what you feel comfortable with until you manage to quit completely it might take a month it might take 6 months only you can decide. But I would strongly recommend that you consult your doctor before you begin And get in touch with your local NA group the reason I'm suggesting NA is that they will be able to guide you advise you and more importantly listen to you when you need an understanding ear. I really hope you find the strength I feel you have the will and that's half the battle. I honestly hope you manage to quit But please speak to your doctor first and get a plan in place to work off. God bless you. Your in my thoughts and prayers xx
    deanokat likes this.
  4. FRonquillo35

FRonquillo35 Member

Realizing you have an addiction and taking steps to get help is a huge move in the right direction. I know that many have serious concerns about Methadone and whether or not it is. My advice would be talk to your doctor about your concerns and your goals (getting off Methadone, keeping your job, etc) and perhaps you can work out a plan to achieve it.
  5. Ldog1941

Ldog1941 Member

Been there and done that, sold all my stuff on Craig's then for a while sold pills for extra cash to buy more. After 5 years of taking oxys and never what I was scribed always more, I finally had to stop and go to a Subox clinic. Today was my first day not taking any oxy. Btw I jus filled my script last Wednesday and by Sunday I was gonna need more. I managed to burn through 120 of them, I might be worse than the other guy but my ways of stealing are the same. Good luck with getting off methadone you can always look for a suboxone clinic but remember that you want off everything, I don't want to have to go elsewhere to get off this too!!
    deanokat likes this.
  6. Ldog1941

Ldog1941 Member

I also would always say tomorrow I'll cut down a little bit here and there, but it never came and only got worse, find a different clinic to go to first, jus in case this guy drops you all of the sudden and you get stuck with no help. Good luck and i hope i was able to help
    deanokat likes this.
  7. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Ldog1941... Congrats to you on your first day without Oxy. That's terrific. Take things a day at a time. I'm sending you positive vibes, hope, and encouragement.
    Ldog1941 likes this.
  8. Ldog1941

Ldog1941 Member

Thanks today is my second day and I tell you I feel great, no withdrawal, no cravings, and mild pain as I figured most was in my head cause of the oxys!!
    deanokat likes this.
  9. deanokat

Excellent news, @Ldog1941! Keep it up, my friend! You're doing great!! :)
    Ldog1941 likes this.
  10. Ldog1941

Ldog1941 Member

Thanks deanokat!! Day 5 no pills dropped my suboxone to 2mgs this morning after reading a lot last night. See how it goes
  11. deanokat

That is all kinds of awesome, @Ldog1941! Just keep going!!!! :)
  12. deanokat

Thinking of you this morning, @Ldog1941. Hope things are still going well. :)
    Ldog1941 likes this.
  13. Ldog1941

Ldog1941 Member

They are!! Thank you so much for your support and vibes!! I jus hope my voice helps others as sooo many here have helped me!!
    deanokat likes this.
  14. deanokat

The more you share your story and experience, the more you'll help others, my friend. :)
    Ldog1941 likes this.