An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

pain pills

Discussion in 'Prescription Drugs' started by Rodney, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Rodney

Rodney Member

Ihave been addicted to pain pills for 8 years
    lilfaerie28 likes this.
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Hey, @Rodney. Welcome to the community. Are you ready to break free from the pain pills you're addicted to? If you are, and you're willing to work hard, you can find recovery. Maybe you can give us a little more background on your situation?
  3. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

Welcome and hope you are feeling better now. :)
    It will be helpful if you can share more details of it. There can be support groups for such addiction in your area that will be willing to help.
    deanokat likes this.
  4. lilfaerie28

lilfaerie28 Active Contributor

I know the feeling. You can stop, and I promise, once you get off of them, get through the withdrawals, you will feel so much better. I was addicted to pain pills for a long time too, and it is miserable. I had to wake up every couple hours to take a pill because I was in so much pain, was sweating, and had the chills. It was horrible! I really hope that you get help.
    deanokat likes this.
  5. Tsky45

Tsky45 Community Champion

Your lucky to still be alive. There are people who have been abusing this stuff for a shorter time than that and didn't survive it. I use to take pain killers for only a year and almost didn't make it till the next one. You should try to detox and get it out of your system. If you have to get help it's better than dying from it.
    deanokat likes this.
  6. 6up

6up Community Champion

I understand that pain pills can not be effective if you continue taking them for a long time. Do you just buy them over the counter or they are usually prescribed to you by a doctor? You should avoid them completely because they might have a long term effect to your body. You have to see the doctor and ask for more advice.
    deanokat likes this.
  7. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Rodney... How are you doing, my friend?
  8. Helpmeplz

Helpmeplz Member

How did u get over the with drawls i get stomach cramps so bad i cant walk
  9. Helpmeplz

Helpmeplz Member

How do u get over the withdraws from painpills
  10. Helpmeplz

Helpmeplz Member

Am new to this site just searching for help so if i dont do something right am sry ahead of time just trying to get info am tried of liveing like this
  11. cpinatsi

cpinatsi Senior Contributor

Eight years is quite a lot, but I know people that have been addicted to worst kind of drugs for a much longer time, and they eventually turned out to be alright in the end. I hope you get out of this as well soon.
  12. johnstatler14

johnstatler14 Member

Eight years is a long time, Rodney. Good luck on overcoming your addiction! I wish you luck. It's not easy, but it is definitely worth it in the long run. Welcome to the community, and you can always message me for help.