An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Paranoia

Discussion in 'Withdrawal Symptoms' started by Syuio, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Syuio

Syuio Member

I hit a bong for the first time recently. I did it with some of my friends. It was great, we had a great time just talking and laughing at nothing. It was amazing. But before we did it, some of my other friends spotted me with the druggies and were really shocked. I tried to play it off, but it didn't really work. Anyway, after it wore off, I was really paranoid that Kane (one of the guys that saw me) was gonna tell people and make me gain an unfavorable reputation. Right now, I'm extremely paranoid that they would cut off communication completely with me. It scares me, because I don't wanna lose my good friends.
  2. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@Syuio hey there. thanks for reaching out. it's understandable you're concerned. i do hope he won't tell anyone and you'll be fine... experimenting is fairly common....and though i know you say you enjoyed it...do think about what kind of reputation you want... .and then take action toward that... :)
  3. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Syuio... Dominica is right: If you don't want your reputation sullied in any way, then stay away from activities that could potentially bring that about. That said, you have no control over what someone else does or doesn't say about you, so don't let yourself get caught up in the worry. Worrying doesn't actually DO anything!