An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

"Partying"

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by crc3thebest, Jun 28, 2015.

1. crc3thebest

crc3thebest Community Champion

In the past, I was the life of the party! Everything was great back then, at least I thought. The partying was epic with all my friends, until a few passed away. I have never experienced such anguish in my whole life! We used to do everything together. You never experienced sorrow until a love one dies! My whole life revolved around getting wasted with friends and partying. Who cared about work? Our future can be controlled as long as you are able to do the work. We just have to strive through determination! Has anyone experienced losing a close friend or love one?
  2. Matthodge1

Matthodge1 Community Champion

That is how most people enter the drug and alcohol scene. Partying seems to take up their whole life. I am sorry to hear about the passing of your friends. I have seen friends of friends die and it is so tragic to witness.
    crc3thebest likes this.
  3. JonnyMacdonald

JonnyMacdonald Community Champion

The party scene is where I started too.
    I got out before things got really heavy.
    From what I hear a few of my old squad are in jail, and one died when he crashed his motorcycle riding drunk & high.
    I still pray for them and their family's and I hope they find peace.
    crc3thebest and Winterybella like this.
  4. xTinx

xTinx Community Champion

It is possible to have party the night away without actually getting wasted. The problem with many young people today is that they always equate partying to booze, drugs and all those things that can ruin their youth. There's nothing wrong with partying as long as you stay grounded and just enjoy the company of family or friends. I'm kind of worried for a few of my friends who have this kind of mindset. I keep reminding them and am just crossing my fingers that somehow my simple reminders will get through them.
    crc3thebest and JonnyMacdonald like this.
  5. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

I get to outfit a lot of the party goers in my job and I know only too well how the parties go. Many are about lots of weed and drinks and I hear it's a lethal combination. Crc3thebest, I am glad you and others have put that behind you.
    I still love a good party, but when I do get out my parties are mostly old school with a moderate amount of booze.
    JonnyMacdonald likes this.
  6. CallipygianGamine

CallipygianGamine Community Champion

I was a bit of a party girl in my younger years, but I never witnessed anyone dying. The closest that ever happened was one of my former friends starting to develop some serious health issues from drinking too much. As far as I know, he realized he had a problem and turned himself around. Between that and some of the things that were starting to happen around us, I think it gave the majority of us enough of a scare to scale back and eventually stop.
  7. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

Fresh out of talking parties and two youngsters are her reminiscing about the good old house parties they used to attend that were fight free and MOSTLY drug free. One that I have been warning about his company said he was at a local "dub" and he saw so potential for violence he was more than concerned. Dub are these fetes where there have lots of weed and lewd behaviour. Mind you, weed is illegal in my country but it doesn't stop them.
    crc3thebest likes this.
  8. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

You can also have a damn good time without any alcohol or drugs. Being sober is only as dull and boring as you make it. ;)
    CallipygianGamine likes this.
  9. crc3thebest

Thanks for your support!
  10. crc3thebest

I am sorry to hear about what happened to your friends. Hope all is well!
  11. crc3thebest

Thanks, for posting a quite wise post! You definitely understand the reason why so many fall to the partying epidemic. Hope your friends make it through!
  12. kjonesm1

kjonesm1 Community Champion

I have been fortunate enough to not have any experience with death in my life. My friends and family, praise God, are intact. I'm sorry to hear about your loss and I'm sure you can still have fun without being wasted.
  13. kylerlittle

kylerlittle Community Champion

Partying is not good. There can be both good and bad versions of partying, better decide reasonably.
    crc3thebest likes this.
  14. crc3thebest

I agree there are many different types of parties, we all know which ones we should attend. Thanks for posting!
  15. gracer

gracer Community Champion

I used to do that too when I was younger. Partying the night away and waking up to a terrible headache from a terrible hangover and having the smell of alcohol and cigarettes with me. Luckily I was able to get myself out of that life. I am now happy and contented with my life. With regards to losing loved ones or friends to drugs or substances, I have had my share too. I have seen friends and relatives waste their life away from addiction and it's really heartbreaking.

This is why we need to realize that life is truly beautiful if we leave addictions behind. Easy to say and hard to do but with passion and perseverance, it will happen in time.
    crc3thebest likes this.
  16. Matthodge1

No problem! Remember that you aren't alone and everyone on the forum is here to help you.
  17. Matthodge1

I think to clarify this: Alcohol and drugs and partying do not mix well.
  18. Matthodge1

I am so sorry for you loss. Do you still talk to any of them?
  19. Matthodge1

That might be one of the greatest posts that I have ever seen on this forum. That is just the truth and I think these past few generations have failed to realize that fully, which sucks because sober life is really so nice.
    deanokat likes this.
  20. dayyad

dayyad Member

I have to be honest I don't really understand the allure of party culture anymore. In my opinion seeing all the negative effects it can have on you and your family there is no reason good enough that justifies carrying on with it.
    deanokat and crc3thebest like this.