An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

"Partying"

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by crc3thebest, Jun 28, 2015.

1. dayyad

dayyad Member

If you ever heard the quote that being drunk is just borrowing happiness from tomorrow this really hits home. For me its remembering that no matter how nice it is to drink, there is also equally bad time to follow.
    deanokat likes this.
  2. CallipygianGamine

CallipygianGamine Community Champion

I actually hadn’t heard that quote before. That’s an interesting way to put it, and in my experience quite true as well.
  3. kylerlittle

kylerlittle Community Champion

Of course, beware of the parties that make you indulge in things you know you're not supposed to indulge in.
    deanokat likes this.
  4. kylerlittle

Absolutely. Alcohol and drugs is the bad side of the party. I think that a party should be more respectful, more family friendly.
    deanokat likes this.
  5. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

I have lost a loved one because of addiction. I am not a person who is a party person and enjoy just food trips and good conversations with friends who are also mostly non drinkers. There are ways to "party" or enjoy without involving the alcoholic drinks.
    deanokat and crc3thebest like this.
  6. crc3thebest

crc3thebest Community Champion

That is so true! We sometimes forget the benefits of just having family gatherings, rather than a hundred person animal like party.
  7. crc3thebest

I am very sorry for your lost! I hope God leads you through it all! I have also lost some close love ones to addiction and it is heart wrenching.
  8. crc3thebest

I am proud of you! Congrats on all your success in life and I wish you the very best!
    gracer likes this.
  9. crc3thebest

Everything against the law seems to be forever marked as "Cool". Is it really? Hard work and dedication is the only way to really be cool in life, however we have a different painting in our minds as a result of the world.
  10. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Matthodge1... Thanks, man! It's a shame that our society is so hellbent on thinking alcohol or drugs are necessary to have a good time. Because that is NOT the case.
  11. JonnyMacdonald

JonnyMacdonald Community Champion

Yes, but in passing mostly.
    The one's that don't "party" as much still smoke drink enough for me to have to be careful about getting too close.
    crc3thebest likes this.
  12. Matthodge1

Matthodge1 Community Champion

Many people do not ever realize/want to realize that there is always a downfall from the fun of drugs and alcohol. That is why all of that is so destructive.
  13. Matthodge1

I'm sorry. That really sucks. That seems to happen. Bad habits carry over from different seasons of life.
  14. Matthodge1

Exactly. It does not even have to be like rated PG, but something that is not damaging yourself, others or anyone else.
  15. Matthodge1

I completely agree with this. I think it is partially the media's fault in making people seem like you have to be drinking or you have to be doing drugs to be happy and carefree. It's ridiculous.
  16. CallipygianGamine

CallipygianGamine Community Champion

Agreed. I’ve more often found that if you’re turning to drugs and alcohol for that purpose, there’s something in your life that you’re trying to run from or cover up. So I’ve always resented when media glamorizes these things - which doesn’t always happen, but it’s quite dangerous when it does. I even resented it when I was taking part in the party girl lifestyle myself.
  17. ZXD22

ZXD22 Senior Contributor

I like partying once in awhile, but you need to know when to draw the line if it comes to that point. Some people just get addicted to partying and it becomes a huge issue, sometimes a life threatening one! Be careful what you do!
    crc3thebest likes this.
  18. crc3thebest

Definitely! Precaution is the best route to go when it comes to partying. You just never know what will happen! Thanks for posting!
  19. kylerlittle

Here, we party with food. We love sharing lovely food and really good tastes and all.
    deanokat likes this.
  20. calicer1996

calicer1996 Community Champion

I've never been to a party before, believe it or not. I wonder if I am better off or worse off. I watch movies where people enjoy their weekends and it claws at my heart to see them.