An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

"Partying"

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by crc3thebest, Jun 28, 2015.

1. bluedressed

bluedressed Community Champion

I am not really a party girl, and I used to not really get why so many people frown upon youngsters partying hard. It does not concern them, right? I have been to a few parties with my friends. But then I heard from real party people how much money they could blow in one evening (a few hundreds!) and I was flabbergasted. I've lost people to sickness, to suicide, but never to a tendency to be reckless. I cannot imagine how that feels. I'm sorry for your losses.
    crc3thebest likes this.
  2. crc3thebest

crc3thebest Community Champion

You have probably saved yourself from the constant peer pressure that occurs at parties. However, there are some parties that are not as wild such as family gatherings.
  3. crc3thebest

The party life is quite wild than any other. We party hard but seem to cry harder! However, I have met some great people at parties who were living the sober life.
  4. serenity

serenity Community Champion

I sure hope you have matured by now and are more responsible in life. Partying isn't bad per se, but when it becomes overboard and drugs get in the picture, then you will mess up your life.
    crc3thebest likes this.
  5. crc3thebest

I definitely look forward to bettering my life on a day to day basis. It has been hard, however the fight is well worth it. Thanks for sharing!
  6. Matthodge1

Matthodge1 Community Champion

That's the way to do it. I'm getting kind of hungry right now, actually haha.
  7. Matthodge1

Escapism is a very dangerous thing to mess up. You cannot drown out your demons with drugs and alcohol, they will only get stronger. The media twists and turns things to make them seem fun and exciting, but there is not anything good in these things.
    CallipygianGamine likes this.
  8. Matthodge1

It's a slippery slope. Discernment does not come without consequences.
  9. Matthodge1

The issue is not partying really. The issue is that no one can find the fine line.
  10. Waynefire

Waynefire Member

Being the life of the party is not all that it is cracked up to being. I have found that the parties tend to lead to a slippage into the older lifestyle that we are trying to avoid.
    crc3thebest likes this.
  11. serenity

@crc3thebest, I do hope you won't give up the fight! You will be a much better person without drugs.

@Matthodge1, That's true, but as you mature, your discernment gets better.
    crc3thebest likes this.
  12. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

I haven't experienced the same thing as you yet, but losing one of your loved ones would definitely be very painful. I couldn't imagine what my life would be like without the people I truly care about. That would be very difficult for me.
    crc3thebest likes this.
  13. Matthodge1

You do have a point there.
  14. Matthodge1

I am just curious, but can you give an example of what you mean by that?
  15. crc3thebest

Yes, you are very right! I have found myself in more grown up problems from simply being the life of the party.
  16. crc3thebest

Thanks for helping me continue on the sober path in life! You are a true inspiration for us all who are facing many different trials from previous use.
  17. crc3thebest

Sometimes the pain we face in life is only kindled to what we can truly endure. Sadly, I have found this out the hardest way possible in life.
  18. serenity

I do hope that you will eventually get to be clean and sober for the rest of your life, crc3thebest. Hang in there, and never give up when you fall!
  19. L_B

L_B Community Champion

I have lost a few loved ones in my life and it is the worse pain ever. You never really overcome it. You just learn to get through each day but the pain is always there. I never turned to any substances to get through it but I know people who have. It is sad to see them wasting their life away. Your friends wouldn't want you to do that to yourself. They would want you to be happy and live your life. Have you ever had any type of counselling? Just to have somebody to talk to, helps sometimes. I wish you all the best and I hope some day you will be clean and sober and happy for rest of your life. Hang in there..we are all here for you.
    crc3thebest likes this.
  20. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Senior Contributor

Look back on it and try to think how good the actual partying was, or was it just an excuse for you to socially get blackout drunk in the near vicinity of others, hit me hard when I realized that.
    crc3thebest likes this.