An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

"Partying"

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by crc3thebest, Jun 28, 2015.

1. crc3thebest

crc3thebest Community Champion

Perhaps it was the excitement exploring the unknown of partying with friends. The rush you get when their is thirty plus people your age having a good time is remarkable until someone gets hurt.
  2. sunflogun

sunflogun Community Champion

The younger we are, the more fearless we are, we just do it and we don't consider the consequences, but the consequences are there and hit us hard before we know it.
    crc3thebest likes this.
  3. crc3thebest

That is very true! Only if we knew the effects of our choices we would think twice before we do something we could regret the rest of our lives. However, sometimes we just do not care to acknowledge the possible bad outcomes of our actions. I remember living a life of " I just wanna have fun" with a group of friends but I see better now. Once we find the true importance of our lives we can succeed in all that we do!
  4. sunflogun

sunflogun Community Champion

Sadly when we have made the most important decisions of our lives we are still not mature enough. I think this only proves the lack of guidance that our society offers.
    crc3thebest likes this.
  5. queend17

queend17 Active Contributor

I'm so sorry for your loss, but there is another way for you to deal with the loss of a friend... Mourn... I know probably the reason you got into partying like you did cause it helped with the depression, but unless you let yourself properly mourn and go through the cycle of depression your body is going to become a ticking time bomb of a very (self) destructive nature... So please just let your body go through the process properly and trust you'll feel better, you'll still miss them but atleast you can go on living for their sake...
    crc3thebest likes this.
  6. artyarson

artyarson Active Contributor

Well, I lost some friends of mine. I hope they're still alive and well. I truly loved those people until they started trying to get an easy catch from life. You probably guess whan I mean. So, I declined and keep myself away since.
    crc3thebest likes this.
  7. crc3thebest

Great analysis on the current state of our society and the way our society influences us to think through social media.
  8. crc3thebest

Your definitely right! Holding back emotions usually results in an emotional beak down. Expression is a positive way to deal with the hard times life throws at us.
  9. crc3thebest

You made a good decision in a pivotal moment of your life. I am very glad you saw what many do not see.
  10. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Community Champion

When I was still a teenager me and my other siblings does not experience to go partying around with friends for reasons that it is a strict rule my father had implemented on us. And when I grew up to be an adult and now that I am married already I realized that me and my other siblings should thank our father for that because all of us had lived a better life up to now because we had followed all his advice and reminders for us while we are growing up. In our life everything happened for a reason and sometimes we will not realize our mistakes in life until a traumatic incident or something bad will happen into our life. Like what happened to your friends I am sorry for their loss and for the sorrow that you had experienced. And I knew somehow you had learned from that experience in your life.
  11. doatk22

doatk22 Community Champion

I knew a friend that passed away from drug use after buying them from another friend. And after he died, those friends kept using even though our friend passed away. Some people just don't care and don't have that wake up call when you'd think they would. It's definitely hard.
  12. crc3thebest

I can definitely relate to your statement. Many people do not care about the well beings of others. I wish you the best!
    deanokat likes this.
  13. ellyjude

ellyjude Active Contributor

I have almost a similar experience to yours. I had friends too. We used to have fun back then when i was a teenager. Drinking alcohol, smoking and doing other staff teenagers find amusing. I came to see the light after most of them passed on due to cocaine addiction. I have battled with addiction and now living a free life. Believe me, i have seen worse than just losing a loved one.
  14. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

I have lost some good friends in the past, and I might lose another one soon as well, all because she doesn't want to go to the doctor. They found a lump on her breast last year, but she doesn't go to the doctor! I don't want to tell her to go because she doesn't listen to anyone! It's terrible.
  15. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Community Champion

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience, I hope that you're feeling better now.
    Luckily I haven't lost any of my loved ones because of drugs or alcohol, but I agree with you when you say that you never really know how other people feel until you experience the same thing.
  16. rz3300@

rz3300@ Senior Contributor

I am sure that personal loss is tied into the story of a lot of people here and it is often tied to the use and abuse of substances. Of course they are not the answer though, and we know that. We know that. I just have to say it twice to remind myself.

I think that moving on is important in any facet of our lives though. Change happens, we need to accept it.
    deanokat likes this.
  17. nymcc

nymcc Member

I lost 4 friends due to drinking and driving. One was alone and crashed full face into a tree. We had been drinking and smoking pot at a party. His accident was approximately at 5 AM. After the party, I went to sleep at a friend's house before going home. I woke up at 8:30 because my phone was ringing. It was my brother, crying and yelling. "He's gone, he's gone!".
    I had never felt so useless before. It was awful. The wake was more than I could handle. I threw up the second I left.
    And the second time it was 3 friends together, who crashed with another car and killed a man. I didn't even show up at the funeral that time. I felt nauseated.
    I honestly don't know what I was thinking back then. What all of us were thinking, really. A couple of us went to rehab after that. We started to get our lives back on track. The ones who didn't I lost touch with. I don't know if they still party, or if they're dead. I can only hope they found their way.
  18. loverman99

loverman99 Member

I love partying. As long as it's not just a blunt consumption of alcohol and drugs.

Back in school, I'd seen some companies where members were just connecting with each other for the sake of this. I don't know If they are still together and still alive. I highly doubt the first thing (most people eventually stop being so reckless and eventually grow up, as their age tells them they'd better start supporting themselves) while I hope the second is true.
  19. Coolkidhere

Coolkidhere Community Champion

Losing a loved one is one of the hardest things we might encounter in life. But always remember that they aren't totally lost, their memories are still with us. We can keep them forever in our hearts and love them until we meet them again. We can let go but not forget. We can hold on but stay stagnant. The truth is, it's up to us but in the end, we have to learn how to live our lives without them.
  20. irishrose

irishrose Community Champion

It's easy to feel invincible when you are using drugs and/or alcohol. Once you become hooked on these substances, many people quickly realize that they are not invincible, and in fact, end up suffering from their use of drugs and alcohol. One source of this suffering can be from the loss of a loved one. I have lost loved ones, some of them due to their abuse of alcohol or cigarettes. Although their addictions to these substances are what eventually took their life, I use their experiences to teach others about the dangers of these substances and the risks involved in using them. The people who I lost were great people, as I am sure the people who you lost were great people, also. Their addiction was not who they were, but it inevitably destroyed their life. Hopefully by learning from their lives we can do better in our own lives and encourage others to live better lives also.
    deanokat likes this.