An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

PAY ATTENTION IT MAY SAVE YOUR LIFE

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by True concern, Mar 14, 2020.

1. True concern

True concern Moderator

I think it's a hoax,just cold season like every single year.However here in California ALL the stores are bare...ive been looking for toilet paper for 3 day's...
    What Do You Think?
  2. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Community Champion

As was done in outhouses, use your Sears catalog or corn cobs. Or wash your butt with the water from the shower. 95 % of the Japanese population use water for cleansing the anal area after defecating.
    True concern likes this.
  3. True concern

True concern Moderator

My thoughts have changed. The coronavirus "supposedly"has made it to my city...apparently 4 confirmed cases so far.I am not a panicker therefore I am level headed about what is taking place near me..but the fact is supplies and food are gone..luckily I truly care about people so I know everyone on a first name basis at every hole in the wall market or liquor store around and they have kept limited supplies for me an my family...the essentials, water,can food,toilet paper and some candy as my mother is diabetic and requires sugar at certain times to avoid death.I have been shopping alone and do my best to steralize after but I to am a realist about this situation...its highly probable if this last much longer I could catch it..but I'm not that old so I should survive it either way.I didn't believe it was real,still not 100% sure I do as I haven't seen it but like I said it's within miles of me.Take care people,help one another when and if you can..humanity is stronger than this virus you just have to believe in one another and we will overcome.
    Stay Strong and God Bless you All
    Onceaddicted77 likes this.
  4. True concern

True concern Moderator

THE R/NAUGHT NUMBER FOR COVID 19 IS...4.1. I KNOW PEOPLE.THE VIRUS HAS MUTATED TO SOMETHING WORSE WHICH THE MEDIA HAS BLACKOUT FOR NOW BUT THE MUTATION IS WORSE....HAND TO BIBLE I WAS TOLD EARLY PREPARE
  5. Onceaddicted77

Onceaddicted77 Spam fighting Moderator & Realist Community Listener

Viruses usally mutates to something less severe by natural selection. The mutated deadly form kills people too fast and dies out. While the less deadly mutated virus dosnt kill us so it gets spread more.

Kinda like how evolution works so by the time it spreads world wide it isnt very deadly at all anymore.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  6. True concern

True concern Moderator

I did not know that and was actually told what I posted by a science major...oh well i wasn't trying to give incorrect information on purpose I was just trying to help warn people based off what I was told.My apologies
  7. Onceaddicted77

They definitely can mutate to worse but normally if it does it cant infect enough people to survive long because it kills its host to fast. It brings on symtpoms fast and you know your sick.

The less deadly ones people will carry around because symptoms are way less noticeable and people infect other people not knowing.

But for sure if a deadly one has a Ro of 4.1 and late on set symptoms, it certainly would be a very bad thing for the world.

I wasnt tryimg to prove you wrong because that may infact be the truth, i was just saying what usally happens
    True concern likes this.
  8. Bullwinkle

I’m from Boston, Mass. My former wrestling coach, and big brother (I was the oldest sibling) is a living legend in public health, who teaches at Harvard and travels world wide teaching as well. Bottom line, science still doesn’t know everything and discovering each day more about COVID-19. This has changed the world as I knew it and hopefully for the better.
  9. True concern

True concern Moderator

People helping people brother that's all either of us were up to with the information we put here.So that's really why I said my apologies for other's to know I wasn't trying to post wrong information. We are good my man nothing malicious at all.I pray you and your family are doing well and as always......
    Stay Strong and God Bless you
  10. True concern

True concern Moderator

Day 2 under California's Martial law they aren't referring to as martial law,but what else would you call a "Mandatory Stay In Side Order?"Don't get me wrong...I kinda am ok with it as long as it's a two week or less type deal as that was what we were told it would take a healthy person to recover from Covid-19.National Guard has been deployed here..I do not know to what extent or what exactly they are policing and again I am ok with this as long as it doesn't distort the word "Freedom" as we understand it.Apparently most people contracting COVID-19 are Male all age group's at a 70-30% range versus female's. At this time my family and myself are surviving,all healthy but we are in a hot zone where the number keeps jumping daily at a range that confirms the R/O number of 4.1 appears to be fairly accurate as far as I can tell with what little statistical data they are reporting from our local news.I pray everyone who reads this is doing well,I pray your family,friends,and loved ones are doing well as well.
    Stay Strong and God Bless you
    Davers likes this.
  11. Bullwinkle

Californians ordered to stay at home: Here are the new rules

https://www.latimes.com/california/...ewsom-orders-all-californians-to-stay-at-home
    True concern likes this.
  12. Onceaddicted77

Thats crazy brother. I pray flr you and your family. May gods will keep you safe. i figured Cali would be the first to do that. Freedom is a different kind of word there.
    Davers and True concern like this.
  13. True concern

True concern Moderator

Unfortunately your correct,California is....Man I don't even know how to describe it but it's definitely weird here right now even more than usual..
  14. Bullwinkle

COVID-19 isn’t just a danger to older people’s physical health

https://www.apa.org/news/apa/2020/03/covid-19-danger-physical-health

Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose Nothin', don't mean nothin' hon' if it ain't free, 'Booby McGee'

For me, no fear of loss is total freedom, which I haven't experienced. Loneliness for me was my greatest fear and was one symptom of my addiction!

Even though I know COVID-19 is nature taking its course, the immediate unfamiliar affect on my present world has disrupted my structural familiarity, which has created feelings of loneliness. Not accepting the immediate change will lower my immune system. My serenity is directly proportional to my level of acceptance.
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
    Onceaddicted77 and True concern like this.
  15. True concern

True concern Moderator

Well I finally heard of a case of Covid-19 taking the life of someone a distant family member knows as a life long friend.In the state of NC....
  16. True concern

True concern Moderator

California is now having sewage issue's, I found out as it filled my bathtub...Gross I know just trying to keep everyone in the loop as thing's change here where I live as I'm sure other's are from California as well...
    Stay Strong and God Bless you All
    Davers likes this.
  17. Davers

Davers Community Champion

That Sux , I been there " Dang tree roots " was our issue .
    GD God Bless.