New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Phendimetrazine abuse

Discussion in 'Prescription Drugs' started by Maninthebox, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Maninthebox

Maninthebox Member

Hi,

I'm currently on the diet drug phendimetrazine once again. I'm supposed to take 6 35mg tablets a day but I have taken 20 today. Over the last ten years, with a fluctuating weight problem, have received an enormous amount of prescriptions for it. I have NEVER taken what prescribed. I've always exceeded it by at least 1 pill.

I've had social anxiety and major depressive disorder since I was 10 and I am now 49 years old. Overuse of this med completely eliminates the depression and anxiety I've painfully suffered from for SO many years. To me, it's a good way to beat that ****. But it also angers me that I DO overdose due to the risks stemming from it. I HATE to take them so freely especially since I have high blood pressure. I've tried numerous antidepressants with little effect (currently I'm on paxil). The only antidepressant thats worked substantially is Viibryd but I'm on medicare and medicaid and they dont cover it. I've heard of people contacting pharmaceutical companies and getting free meds. So i think I'll do that too. Is there a lot of red tape in doing so? Also, I'm on clonazepam for my anxiety which really does help but it doesn't eliminate it.

If there's anyone reading this who has received assistance from a pharmaceutical company I humbly ask for the lowdown on it. Input from anyone at all is welcomed.

Thanks,
    Maninthebox
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  2. Maninthebox

Maninthebox Member

Hi Maninthebox,

I'm you. I'm glad to see that you finally have the balls to seek help from people who care enough to try and help you.

:)
  3. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Maninthebox... Definitely contact the pharmaceutical company and ask. They have a savings program for insured patients (https://www.viibryd.com/savings-program), so I don't see why they wouldn't be willing to help you out. It's worth a try, right? If it's any help, here's a link to the company's online "Contact Us" page:

https://www.allergan.com/contact

And their Customer Relations phone number is:

(800) 678-1605

I wish you the best of luck, my friend. I hope you're able to work things out and feel better.

Sending you positive vibes and hope.
  4. Maninthebox

Maninthebox Member

Thanks deanokat so much for this info. I could REALLY help me. I'll post followup on what I find out.
  5. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener