An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

please help

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by helpPls, Mar 25, 2016.

1. helpPls

helpPls Member

I have never tried cocaine before but at a party Wednesday night while very drunk I did a few bumps. I did one more Thursday morning still drinkkng before leaving for home (uber). I started throwimg up in the car and have been very sick ever since. I cant keep anything down, Im shaking, Im trying to slow my breathing and keep calm as many posters have advised. But its been a day and a half and my feet&hands are numb and spasming. I'm having hott flashes and the bucket by my bed is half full from trying to drink water. I knew nothing about this drug, and my "friend" did not warn me about anything -crash and how it can cause seizures or make poison mixed with the alcohol. I have been up all night online and I'm freaking out , this was so dumb Im scared to call family. Please tell me what to do. I dont want to take any pills or drink anything else to come down like people have said. I have never done anything but drink and weed- Should I go to the emergency room Im really, really scared
  2. L_B

L_B Community Champion

If you are really scared and concerned for your health then yes go to the emergency and get checked out. Let this be lesson and from now on never touch drugs again. Please keep us posted and let us know how you are doing.
  3. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@helpPls... I advise you to go to the emergency room and be completely honest about what happened.
  4. knitmehere

knitmehere Community Champion

Please don't ever be afraid to go to the hospital for something like this. They don't judge, they are there to help you. Be totally honest about what all you did, what you mixed, etc. so that they can give you the best care possible.
    deanokat likes this.
  5. darkrebelchild

darkrebelchild Community Champion

The first thing you should have done was to go straight to the hospital. If you don't feel well and don't know what is going on, please don't try to figure it out for yourself or treat yourself; it is very dangerous.

Update us on how you feel and I hope this is a lesson to you on sampling substances.
    deanokat likes this.
  6. deanokat

@helpPls... How are you doing? Just wondering. Please let us know if you get a chance. We care about you.
  7. helpPls

helpPls Member

Im fine. It took two days but back to normal and 4 days sober.
    Mara, MrsJones, Momma9 and 1 other person like this.
  8. deanokat

Great news, @helpPls. Congrats on 4 days!
  9. Belovedad

Belovedad Active Contributor

In those cases, just head straight to the hospital. Better to be safe than sorry.
  10. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

If this ever happens to you.... you need to head to the ER asap. You never know what they added to that cocaine, some people add the most awful things to it. I don't believe there is such a thing as trustworthy dealers... cocaine is not supposed to make you feel that way, it was surely mixed with something nasty.
  11. remnant

remnant Community Champion

You should also go for counselling so as to recover from PTSD. Sever the company that took you down that slippery path. You still need to do a follow up to better understand the affliction you suffered even if you recovered. Most people who get addicted ignore those loud physiological protests by the body and end up in a mess and can even be fatal. Learn from that experience and peter all drug use.
  12. Mara

Mara Community Champion

I'm glad to hear that you're doing okay now. Just be careful the next time and if you can, please stay away from those substances. They will just put you in danger.
  13. MrsJones

MrsJones Community Listener Community Listener

It sounds like you decided not to seek emergency treatment and braved through it all. We're glad that you are okay now and hope that you won't take chances like with your well-being again. This is the maternal side of me speaking and I pray that you take it to heart.
    deanokat likes this.
  14. mistermiranda

mistermiranda Member

It's always best to not try anything that's illegal or controlled unless it is prescribed by your doctor.

But with that being said, it's human nature to experiment with new things, whether they're risky or safe. One thing to keep in mind is that if it's a chemical, it's completely impossible to predict how your body will react. That alone is a deterrent for me to get involved in illicit substances.
  15. irishrose

irishrose Community Champion

Glad to hear that you are feeling better. Perhaps when other people read your original post it will be a cautionary tale to them and prevent them from partaking in the same actions you did. We all make mistakes, and if we can learn from those mistakes and help others learn from our mistakes, then sometimes they are worth sharing.
  16. rajesh

rajesh Senior Contributor

I am very happy to hear that you are on day 4. God will help you. Just keep you streak going on forever. Just don't relapse and never hesitate to ask for any type of help on this forum. We are all here to help you. :)
  17. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Senior Contributor

It's great to hear that you got out of it in one piece. That sounded like it could of been a lot worse. It would certainly have been wise to go to the emergency room after it happened. I'm glad to hear you are okay.