New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Please help

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by Beccaboo4585, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Beccaboo4585

Beccaboo4585 Member

I have a serious cocaine problem. I use almost every day and have for almost awhile now. I need help and I’m embarrassed and I’m not sure who to turn to. I know I’m slowly killing myself and need help. I’m not sure how to go about getting help I’m to embarrassed to tell my mom or my brother or even close friends. My husband does it occasionally as well as a best friend of mine. But I do it everyday and they don’t know that. I know in order for myself to get better I’ll have to ask them to not have it around me. Again I’m too embarrassed to tell anyone. Advice? Please and thank you so much
  2. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@Beccaboo4585 hey there! thanks for reaching out. it's easy to feel embarrassed, but i encourage you to be open about it. still, if you aren't ready for that, you can maybe reach out for help at a support group.... Narcotics Anonymous... a counselor.... or, if you are really serious about stopping, let them know and check out a detox center/rehab. sometimes in life we just need help. no shame in that. YOU are worth taking the opportunity to get clean...no matter what others think.

so what if they think something? let them. this is an opportunity for you to step into your power and take responsibility for your well-being.... some people are more apt to get addicted to things.... no shame in that either!

does this help?
    True concern likes this.
  3. LondonParty

LondonParty Member

Similar story I’m trapped in my secret and it is killing me physically and emotionally
  4. Beccaboo4585

Beccaboo4585 Member

I’m sorry you’re goin through this as well. I’m struggling big time I have opened up to my brother and a friend but neither of them lives here I do so it’s hadd to get the support I need. I decided to try and go to an AA meeting...if you need anything not sure how I could help since I’m struggling myself but I’m here.
    Dominica likes this.
  5. LondonParty

LondonParty Member

Tha
    you because you are very kind. I have support around me if I had humility to accept it. Admitting my secret would destroy my wife and my parents who don’t know my shame. Have to battle this alone. I wish yo every success. Take care
  6. Dominica

@LondonParty your continued use may be found out eventually by your family... i always think honesty is the best policy, but i understand your hesitation. are you able to see a counselor?
  7. True concern

True concern Community Champion

@Beccaboo4585 @LondonParty I'm new to this website and honestly I'm new to being someone that is willing to share as well as offer advice.Much like the both of you i had issue's with telling my loved one's about my addiction's,much like both of you i told myself i was in this fight alone and that being said i ask you both to read my story about my addiction's for one simple reason,if you keep this fight up alone you will see were that could take you through my post.I spent most of my life as one of the most violently angry individuals alive i thought others were correct when they would say thing's like"your evil,your a loser,your hateful,you have no heart"and i started to believe these thing's,my subconscious accepted that information and drove me like a freight train full of explosive yet through all that i kept my faith in the man above and i have no doubt that he knew that and i believe that is why I'm still alive.I to had to tell my wife about my addiction's but i waited until i was told i had only one month to live and i cant explain how much worse coming clean to her was having to follow it up with if i don't live promise you will re marry and live the happy life i couldn't give you.That was the hardest thing I've ever had to say but i absolutely meant it as she deserves the world in my eye's.I write this a man whom should have died ten year's ago and I tell you these thing's to hopefully highlight the opportunity you have before you,not just for yourselves but for the spouse's you both have and love so dearly.I know you both have what it takes to change your paths its easy to see that in the shame you express,but there is no shame in honesty just opportunity to be true to yourselves as well as the one's you love.
  8. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Beccaboo4585... I just now came across your post. I hope you've reached out for some help from someone. Addiction is a disease, not some kind of moral failing, so you shouldn't feel embarrassed, guilty, or shamed. You're not a bad person who needs to learn to be good; you're a sick person who needs to get well. Let us know how things are going if you get a chance. We care.
    True concern likes this.
  9. Dominica

@Beccaboo4585 hi there! thank you for sharing.... wondering how you liked the meeting you went to...