New to the Forums?Join or

Please help

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by Beccaboo4585, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Beccaboo4585

Beccaboo4585 Member

I have a serious cocaine problem. I use almost every day and have for almost awhile now. I need help and I’m embarrassed and I’m not sure who to turn to. I know I’m slowly killing myself and need help. I’m not sure how to go about getting help I’m to embarrassed to tell my mom or my brother or even close friends. My husband does it occasionally as well as a best friend of mine. But I do it everyday and they don’t know that. I know in order for myself to get better I’ll have to ask them to not have it around me. Again I’m too embarrassed to tell anyone. Advice? Please and thank you so much
  2. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@Beccaboo4585 hey there! thanks for reaching out. it's easy to feel embarrassed, but i encourage you to be open about it. still, if you aren't ready for that, you can maybe reach out for help at a support group.... Narcotics Anonymous... a counselor.... or, if you are really serious about stopping, let them know and check out a detox center/rehab. sometimes in life we just need help. no shame in that. YOU are worth taking the opportunity to get matter what others think.

so what if they think something? let them. this is an opportunity for you to step into your power and take responsibility for your well-being.... some people are more apt to get addicted to things.... no shame in that either!

does this help?