An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Post-detox fatigue

Discussion in 'Withdrawal Symptoms' started by Dammitjanet, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Dammitjanet

Dammitjanet Member

I am 4 days sober. The first 2 days I couldn't sleep at all, but now I can't seem to get enough sleep. The only thing I have been doing is going to my AA meetings and my kids think I am being lazy. Has anyone else experienced this?
  2. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@Dammitjanet hi there! thanks for reaching out... great that you are 4 days sober..! that's fantastic!! many years ago i went to AA...and gave up drinking... but GAINED my life... i was 19, so i don't remember being tired, but i imagine your body is detoxing... your liver is getting toxins out... and your body is adjusting to life without alcohol. it's ok to be tired huh... listen to your body and rest. go to AA... do what you must to take care of you and your kids, and REST.

many times people over-do life. constant busyness. i once heard beware the barrenness of a busy life. haha.

i know for me, at times i struggle with depression. makes me tired and lethargic. or lazy... i don't fight against it so much anymore. i sit with it. i do what i know to do (self-care, reach out when i need)... but i also let me mind and body rest. i pray. meditate. listen to inspirational things... it helps and the depression passes... a week.. maybe two, and then i'm back to my happy self.

hope this helps...and again, congrats on your sobriety. i'm very proud of you.

here if you need.

p.s. kids say the darndest things ;)
  3. Dammitjanet

Dammitjanet Member

Thank you
  4. Dammitjanet

Dammitjanet Member

Thanks so much for your input! I have been going to meetings everyday and plan on doing 90 in 90. They have been very helpful!
    True concern likes this.
  5. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@Dammitjanet that's wonderful!! so glad to hear that! :)

have a great weekend!