An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Pot in Food

Discussion in 'Marijuana' started by AAngelo, May 9, 2015.

1. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

I will be living very close to Amsterdam, and I have seen those coffee shops that sell those cakes. Apparently most of those coffee shops sell really potent products. My fiance tried some from an Amsterdam coffee show and he indeed thought it was very potent. He was literally tripping, I had to held him tight!
    pwarbi likes this.
  2. pwarbi

pwarbi Community Champion

The coffee shops in Amsterdam do sell high quality weed, both to roll and also to eat, but there are softer options aswell, so they cater for all tastes.

My advice would be to not over do it when you first go, you might well have been smoking for a while, but some of the weed available in Amsterdam is 100% better quality than you find in most other places and you will be blown away by a lot of it.
  3. LoyalServant

LoyalServant Member

I remember my first experience eating pot - quite enjoyable really! I was with a group of friends and we decided to test our cooking skills. Turns out we put way to much weed for the quantity we were baking. At first I felt nothing, which is normal when you are eating it since it takes longer to hit the blood stream. However, being a novice I wasn't aware of this difference. I kept eating until I finally started feeling something and went on one crazy ride.

I still remember the bus ride as I went back home. It was the longest bus ride I ever took, and met some incredible people who brought me some incredible insights.

Is eating it safer than smoking it?
    -LoyalServant
  4. Rob93FL

Rob93FL Senior Contributor

Absolutely. Smoking cannabis, while still not nearly as harmful as smoking tobacco, is still incredibly rough on the throat and lungs.
  5. kassie1234

kassie1234 Community Champion

I've never eaten it myself. When I was at university I do know some people were into making hash brownies or hash cookies. But I've never tried it so I can't speak from personal experience about the potency or anything like that.
  6. amin021023

amin021023 Community Champion

Marijuana edibles come very strong, and it's a full body high... and you won't get the munchies. I was high for 24 hours the first time I tried edibles.
  7. brookeemily

brookeemily Active Contributor

Edibles have worked really well from my past experiences. They always took longer and gave more relaxing highs, though. It has to be cooked properly from wax or butter or something, too.
  8. Rob93FL

Rob93FL Senior Contributor

Not necessarily. That depends entirely on the edible and how it affects that specific person.
  9. amin021023

amin021023 Community Champion

Well, that's my experience and it makes sense because edibles get you a full body high and your throat becomes so dry that no food will go down and you kinda lose your appetite, well that's my experience, it might not be like that for all people.
  10. morgoodie

morgoodie Senior Contributor

I know someone who uses marijuana in muffins and they say it is so much better that way than to smoke it. It has a better effect for them since they use if for pain relief. I would have to say that it is better for you that way since you are not inhaling the smoke into your lungs. I have never eaten anything that had marijuana in it but my friend swears by it that way.
  11. pwarbi

pwarbi Community Champion

I think people that use marijuana for pain relief will often use it in food rather than smoking it.

I'm guessing that they still get the same effects, but of course because they're not smoking it, they won't get the added risk that comes with that.
  12. CameronAlsop

CameronAlsop Member

Smoking pot is not that bad.
  13. Pluto888

Pluto888 Member

It is a good alternative, especially when you are a non-smoker. I was also smoking with my friends, and then we discovered the world of putting marijuana in our food. We started to love it most, so we grew it at home, so we always have fresh marijuana. After a time, we transformed it into a business, and now we grow our own sorts of marijuana and sell it to coffee shops. With time it was hard to look after every aspect of our business, and we started to have more and more people working with us and even started using special software.