An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

probably not the right place to post this but...

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by liliann, May 28, 2019.

1. liliann

liliann Senior Contributor

hi recovery gang!

Not much holds my interest these days still but i can relate to the drugs to recovery and sometimes no recovery for some, type movies.
    I'm looking forward to seeing the Elton John movie this weekend.
    As far as i know (knew), he made it through to a good recovery. I used to see him all the time in a meeting in Atlanta when I lived there years ago. We aren't really supposed to break anonymity but he is pretty public about it and this is a safe site so...
    I am hoping for a happier ending than A Star is Born!
    Anybody else planning on seeing it?

I wish a day of moving more towards recovery than towards a drink or a drug for us all JFT.
    deanokat likes this.
  2. Dominica

Dominica Recovery Advocate @ Moving Beyond Codependency Community Listener

@liliann hey there! good to hear from you. that's neat you got to see him at meetings... i had no idea he was in recovery... don't know much about him.

yes, i want to see the movie too... maybe not at theaters..but sometime.

and i hear you about the ending of a star is born. i absolutely loved the movie, but hated the ending... yuck! at the same time, addiction is not realistically a happy ending for all. loved the cast... just such a good movie and music!
    deanokat likes this.
  3. liliann

@Dominica
    hi there!!!!
    so true about the realistic endings and the horrors along the way like the movie beautiful boy. I'm just glad to see addiction exposed so freely to the world and i guess it takes being a celebrity to do it if someone isn't connected like we are.
    I'm hoping all is well with you...sounds like it is from your constant support of everyone in your posts.
    its really comforting to sign on and see the consistency of everyone.
    sending love!
    deanokat and Dominica like this.
  4. Dominica

Dominica Recovery Advocate @ Moving Beyond Codependency Community Listener

@liliann oh i liked beautiful boy too. so many films now about addiction... or i should say more.... yes, it's a good thing.

things are pretty good this way. glad summer is here :) i'm headed to n.c. this weekend for a long visit...so that will be good... see the kiddos.
    deanokat likes this.
  5. liliann

safe travels!! there is some amazing statue somewhere near where you go called metamorphosis. its a tremendous head with moving pieces. i saw pictures.
    we are planning our nc trip for mid just assuming I'm all healed by then.
    have a great time with your family!
    xo
    deanokat likes this.
  6. fixxxer2019

fixxxer2019 Member

I never liked elton and won't see the movie but I'm glad he maintains sobriety.