An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Problem drinking and online support groups

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by Sheffieldalc13, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Hello
    First, just to say I have got permission to post this from the Senior Managing Editor at Rehabs.com, so I hope that is OK with you.

Can you help? I am looking for present or past users of alcohol online support groups to talk to for a PhD research study.

The research will explore the role online groups can play in helping people develop their beliefs about problem drinking/alcohol use disorder (for example, beliefs around its causes, treatments and controllability). I would like to informally interview users or former users (those who post or those who just read in the forum, and who are over 18) about their beliefs and their discussion forum usage. All interviews will be completely confidential and can be done over Skype, the phone or in person: whichever suits the person.

If you think you might be interested, please do drop me an email at ssanger1@sheffield.ac.uk, and I will send further information for you to consider. The research is being carried out at the University of Sheffield and has been ethically approved by the Information School in the Faculty of Social Sciences.

Thanks for reading, and best wishes
    Sally