New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Profound Psychic Attitude change

Discussion in '12-Step Support Groups' started by pstrong1969, Jul 26, 2015.

1. pstrong1969

pstrong1969 Community Champion

I was at an AA meeting tonight. We read the doctors opinion on Alcoholism. It talks about having a profound psychic change in attitude and outlook on life. I finally realized for myself that my my profound change in my attitude and outlook was when i stopped believing the lie that Drugs and Alcohol were my Solution. My problem is me and my faulty attitudes, beliefs, and the way i perceive reality. The new solution is God, the 12 steps of AA, and a relentless pursuit of Spiritual Truth.
    MrsJones likes this.
  2. Sparkster

Sparkster Community Champion

For me, my path to spiritual ascension was through obsessive study of the human mind (particularly the subconscious). During that learning process, I became a skeptic and believed that everything had a materialistic rational explanation. Through further study and personal experience I soon learned that not everything could be explained in such ways and that this is a lot of truth to the metaphysical aspects of existence. I have achieved a higher state of consciousness and have learned how to use the power of mind to manifest my desired realities. I can carry out parapsychological experiments with astounding success that sometimes baffles me!
  3. pstrong1969

pstrong1969 Community Champion

Im familiar with metaphysics. Have you ever read anything by Emmett Fox. I think he is very intelligent and insightful. What author would you reccommend reading?
  4. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Community Champion

Metaphysics is a good way to reconnect with your former old-self, the one who did not have addictions and full potential to make it without falling for them.

However there is merit in falling and stand up again, walking through a new pathway, in which for sure God are pursuing spiritual truth will contribute greatly.
  5. Sparkster

Sparkster Community Champion

I have heard of Emmett Fox but don't think I've read any material, I'll have to check it out. I would recommend reading anything by Richard Bandler and/or John Grinder, both of who invented NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming). The book Teach Yourself NLP by Steve Bavister and Amanda Vickers also launched me into research into certain areas. Other authors to check out are Charles Fillmore, Neville Goddard, Dr Bruce Lipton, Henry Thomas Hamblin, Esther Hicks and Napoleon Hill.
  6. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

Good for you, OP. I'm glad you have come to that conclusion and you are working hard on this. By the way, how are you doing? It has been a while since I saw you around here, but then again I was away for a while as well. I hope things are going well for you, and you are going as strong as always :) Hoping you have also found an answer to your health issues.
  7. danjon

danjon Senior Contributor

This is why I'll always stick up for the 12-step programs, because they're able, somehow, to bring about a fundamental change in a person's behavior. I'm glad you've had that "moment of clarity", and I hope the future promises all those great things that addiction has kept from you all these years.
  8. remnant

remnant Community Champion

The issue is, man is a three dimensional being composed of the body , soul and spirit. To fight addiction, you have to summon power from beyond in some cases and this involves connecting with God. Human rationalization and reasoning assumes that man can recreate himself which is an impossibility. The 12 step programme will work with those with an end in sight and resolve to change for the better.