An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Progress,slow and steady

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by True concern, Jul 3, 2019.

1. True concern

True concern Community Champion

So I will keep this short.I have successfully made it 1 day without alcohol and the only thing I'm currently on are meds that have recently been prescribed as well as meds I am tapering from to eliminate them in a safe way,so I know it's not a lot but it is progress.Stay Strong and God Bless you All
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

That's so awesome, Arthur! One day at a time, my brother. And you've got one day under your belt. Let's shoot for another 24 hours.

I'm really proud of you. I just want you to know that. :D
  3. True concern

Thank you,by the end of today it will be 2 day's and I have no desire to drink so I think I will make it through today as well
    Dominica, Joshstillclean and deanokat like this.
  4. True concern

Day 2 No Alcohol
    Dominica and Joshstillclean like this.
  5. deanokat

6. True concern

Joshstillclean likes this.
  7. True concern

Anyways I hope you have a wonderful 4th of july,but I must admit I am very confused by this link.Take care my friend
    deanokat, Dominica and Joshstillclean like this.
  8. DoxyMom

DoxyMom Community Champion

I think he only saw the Happy Monday part of it. I'm proud of you for starting on your road to sobriety. Keep it up!
  9. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Community Champion

I don't know what to think...
    BUT yay for sobriety from alcohol. Man I know you've got to be feeling better already.
    deanokat, Dominica and True concern like this.
  10. True concern

Ya I have to be honest,that link has me a bit confused, and bothered.I assume he didn't see where it said that but I won't know for sure until I hear from him
    Dominica likes this.
  11. Joshstillclean

I'd be surprised...I had to look for it myself as it wasn't very obvious. But when I did see it I wondered myself...odd.
    Dominica likes this.
  12. True concern

The part that confuses me is I was on posting when the link went up,after I saw it I asked him through the the thread "What the hell" and I figured he would respond but he did not..i guess he could have signed off right after the post,I don't know it's honestly got me feeling like crap
    Dominica likes this.
  13. Joshstillclean

i see he hasn't reponded to anything so i think he's probably busy with soemthing...
    Dean's good people brother. i wouldn't let it get to me.
    Dominica likes this.
  14. True concern

I know he's good people believe me,he has helped me tremendously it's just...man who wants to see such a question?Anyways I suspect he didn't see it
    Joshstillclean and Dominica like this.
  15. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@True concern hey you! congrats on your sobriety!!! that's wonderful!

i'm sure dean just saw the HAPPY MONDAY and yellow thing with arms flying around (celebrating) someone with the username "hey are we having sex with your mom yet) uploaded that picture as far as i can tell.... someone with a poor sense of judgment...and no integrity... but dean innocently put that up there to CELEBRATE YOU!! <3 <3 <3

how are you today?
    True concern and Joshstillclean like this.
  16. deanokat

Take it easy, kids! I just wanted you to see the yellow "tube man" going crazy in celebration of your 2 days without alcohol, @True concern. Didn't mean to upset/disturb anyone. Didn't notice that the person who posted that GIF had an offensive user name. Just don't look at it anymore. Look at this instead:

17. True concern

I'm doing well,still getting use to my meds a bit because the dose increases slowly but I'm ok
    cheffy and deanokat like this.
  18. True concern

And that's how ADHD work's, I didn't even realize that was a username.I thought it was typed on before it was posted
    deanokat likes this.
  19. DoxyMom

DoxyMom Community Champion

20. True concern

:eek::po_O:confused::cool::rolleyes::confused:
    deanokat likes this.