An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Propofol

Discussion in 'Prescription Drugs' started by Parassd, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Parassd

Parassd Active Contributor

The infamous drug which killed Michael Jackson. Let's talk about it, first of all, do you agree that it killed the king of pop? Do we know whether it's expensive, available, misused?
  2. tasha

tasha Community Listener Community Listener

I definitely think it killed him as it is an anesthetic used in surgery. Blood clots form when you have too much of it and the genersl public should not be using it at all. I dont think that it is available as it is illegal and hopefully people who can get it in reach are not stupid enough to try it. What kind of a kick would it give if you cant feel it anyway!
  3. Parassd

Well people who're suffering from insomnia might try to get their hands over it. It's stated that propofol should be administered in front of senior surgeons only. It's a wonder how Dr. Conrad Murray was so easily giving him dosages of Propofol, and even left Jackson unattended for 5 minutes while he was on that drug!
  4. Ronsa

Ronsa Active Contributor

I think it is not easy to get Propofol. People suffering from insomnia may want more of it but its availability is generally restricted to a certain prescript amount.
  5. Determined2014

Determined2014 Senior Contributor

It definitly killed the king of pop, that is sad , such a drug should be totaly out of reach to anyone, those suffering from insomnia, should not try this drug, it is just too risky.
  6. tasha

tasha Community Listener Community Listener

I think that anything that makes your heart stop is a big no, no! Anyone that goes for surgery would nkow that it can knock you out or kill you and that is why professionals are left to monitor patients with certain dosages, as a home substance I would think that it is an easier death sentence than many other drugs used.
  7. Parassd

Jackson referred it as 'milk' to Murray, probably because that's what he always had before falling asleep, like children drink milk before their bed time. It's sad and unethical that a licensed physician had been administering such a life threatening drug to a man with three young kids. Jackson was clearly taken advantage of because of his child like innocence. I want to know how Murray was able to use it at Jackson's residence, and do you think it's use should be restricted to hospitals only, and it should not be given out to the general public even with a prescription?