An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Psychedelics as a means of treatment

Discussion in 'Opiate Withdrawal Treatment' started by True concern, May 6, 2018.

1. True concern

True concern Moderator

Wow at this point im starting to feel like a lab rat.But to stay true to myself i must share my experiences to educate as best i can.So I've noticed many people quoting stories from other countries,and showing extreme interest in can psychedelics help with addiction?So here again i will share part of my story.I have left enough information on this site to make a Hollywood Saga that would probably win an oscar award for best Drama of the year.But as i post i do it with true concern,no pune intended.Yes psychedelics can help certain medical conditions,but i can only tell my story as obviously it's the only one I've lived.I was diagnosed with a condition formally known as "Suicide Headaches"Now called cluster headaches.I have posted on this site the symptoms and extreme pain they bring and are now known as "The most painful condition known to mankind"surpassing child birth,so yes their are treatments out there that help and make some super wealthy in the process,i won't elaborate further as my true feelings about that fact are not for this site.However through a friend who i miss dearly,he's still alive my addiction strained the relationship and we haven't spoke in year's,i learned that mushrooms would set them into remission for up to 6 month's at a time,and that's relief if you can ladies try to imagine giving birth and just as the head starts to crown your stuck there for 6 month's.These headaches surpassed that pain,so we tried unconventional methods and to my surprise and my friends it worked it actually worked it gave us back ourlives 3-6 month's at a time and i personally have never truly recovered from the toll that suffering and pure agony actually caused and....i apologize I'm just realising that as i type this.....Anyways moving forward...wow im anyways the headaches would return after month's and we would chase mushrooms for relief,my friend did all the research with the help of his wife and i was in so much pain i tried everything they suggested,well after year's of back and forth between relief and agony so he tells me he has done research and found that LSD would actually send them into remission almost permanent which sounded to me like a cure or as close as i could get.So indeed i searched for the substance in attemps to once and for all be done with this extremely painful condition and indeed i tried it and the dose necessary again i will not post as it's super risky but at that time i needed to try as mine would last 40+hours at a time and maybe get a few hour's of relief followed by another40 hour episode and with or without the LSD it was driving me crazy.I will end with this.After an intense hallucination stage i slept and YES it worked.I maybe suffer from 7-8 of these intense headache sessions a year lasting about 4-8 hour's on average versus a life consumed by them.Keep in mind i said to treat a medical condition not to treat addiction.Thank you and Stay Strong.God Bless you all
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Dominica and True concern like this.
  3. True concern

True concern Moderator

First hand experience it truly worked.There are also studies currently underway to help treat our veteran's diagnosed with PTSD with the use of Ecstasy and it is starting to make head way as an effective treatment.I apologize i don't have a link to give,however i believe it could be searched fairly easy
  4. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Using Ecstasy to treat PTSD is mentioned in that article I shared, @True concern. Very interesting, for sure.
  5. Dominica

Dominica Recovery Advocate @ Moving Beyond Codependency Community Listener

so glad to read that article and people are being open minded about such things.
    deanokat and True concern like this.
  6. True concern

True concern Moderator

I did alot of different drug's no doubt and psychedelics never were something that i had an interest in,however im grateful for the effect they had on my life as that pain is similar but different to that 27 day detox that almost killed me.
    Dominica and deanokat like this.