An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Push through

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by LaurenChaste, Dec 4, 2014.

1. MrsJones

MrsJones Community Listener Community Listener

Hello Lauren, I too am sorry for your loss of a dear acquaintance.

We welcome you and would like you to visit other forums to become more familiar with us here. I know I continue to learn a lot about myself here even though I have never used any type of drug, I have been around the environment.

It's always good to learn about yourself, don't you agree?
  2. Davienna

Davienna Community Champion

Just keep making encouraging posts and give support when you can. Most persons here just need friends to give a lot of advice and help them to get clean and or stay clean. Sometimes we all just need an extra shoulder to lean on and share our problems with.
    LaurenChaste likes this.
  3. valiantx

valiantx Community Champion

Eventually, every human who live long enough, will lose someone they cared for from whatever causes. Yet, time will help heal these sorrows we borrow in life. Tomorrow, is another day to claim your way to live better and help others who are recovering from their personal losses.
  4. Charli

Charli Community Champion

Wow that's pretty hardcore. It makes me really thankful that heroin isn't prevalent where I'm from, or at least not that I'm aware of. The most extreme we have I think is crack. I'm glad to hear that you sound like you have a good head on your shoulders.
  5. LaurenChaste

LaurenChaste Member

I was kinda shocked at first when I heard that.
    Thank you!
    I feel really bad thinking of myself rather than others, because even if they say they don't need anyone they do. I chose to walk away. I don't know. Talking about this just reopens so many feelings again.
  6. LaurenChaste

LaurenChaste Member

Not trying to sound weird, but I'm crying. Just because I didn't think I was actually capable of really helping someone, but all of you are reassuring me of that. I know I'm doing the right thing.
  7. LaurenChaste

LaurenChaste Member

I guess so.
    I never really looked into myself, personally.
    However, this could definitely be a start.
  8. jeremy2

jeremy2 Community Champion

May his soul rest in eternal peace. May i challenge you to talk to the rest of your friends who are still on drugs and implore them to change their lifestyles for the better,quit drugs and live a healthy,positive life if only to honour your friend?
  9. Miles Hansen

Miles Hansen Member

I really don't know what to say except that I'm sorry for your loss. I hope you're in a better place now, and from the sound of your other comments you are. It can't have been easy to cut the toxicity out of your life, no matter how much you needed it, you seem like a very strong person. I wish you all the best.