An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Question

Discussion in 'Heroin' started by BDS22, May 14, 2019.

1. BDS22

BDS22 Member

I have a brother who has admitted to being on heroin over the years and tonight when I went downstairs I caught him in front of the mirror injecting a need in his forehead. I tried googling if this can be an area you can inject it but I couldn't find any info. Is this something else he could be on or can heroin be injected through the forehead?
  2. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Community Champion

Anywhere there is a fat enough vein their is a potential,injection site. Knew a guy who had those fat veins in the side of his head and he used those,and blamed it on acne. Then he had track marks man his head was a dead giveaway.
    I knew a girl in rehab who would inject into that large vein running through her breasts(well I,don't know about both i only saw her do it once). But she was fast at it. I asked her how she avoided track marks so she told me to come to her room,and thats what she showed me.
    Knew a guy who injected into the large one running through the bottom,of his penis. Yeah. If you can stick,it and it bleeds you can use it.
  3. Joshstillclean

I have scars on my arms it just the truth. But you wouldn't catch me doing that.
  4. BDS22

BDS22 Member

So if my brother has to resort injecting it through his forehead is that because he's been on heroin for a while now and couldn't find a vein good enough through the arm? I remember my mom told me last month when they went to give blood to donate he couldn't donate because they couldn't find a vein on both his arms.
  5. Joshstillclean

Most likely not. Heroin doesn't collapse veins usually. Usually you have to mix it with a stimulant or just shoot stimulants to have collapsed veins. Unless you haven't been trained how to do it well. Then you can really tear your arms up. I was an iv user for a long time. Many years I've been clean now over a year. I'm 31, used for 15. Never had a collapsed vein that I know of. Never had an infection that I can remember. But I've been careful and sterile.
    deanokat and Dominica like this.
  6. BDS22

BDS22 Member

My family just doesn't know what to do with him he's never been to rehab before, has no job and goes to a methadone clinic daily. He swears he's clean but he's done crazy stuff lately like tear up the house because he's looking for something (he won't tell us what he's looking for) and I found him asleep on the floor this past month and on his knees a couple times with his head on the couch cushion. He's over 18 and my mom wants him out but she's afraid the police won't do anything. It's just a bad situation he's even stealing her medications and she doesn't call the police and she just enables him. If he's over 18 and not paying rent could my mom legally get him out of the house? If not who would we need to call? Because he definitely refuses help and everytime we tell him he needs to go to rehab he says he's got it under control because he goes to a methadone clinic.
  7. BDS22

BDS22 Member

Oh yeah, he also tells us he can't be on other drugs because the methadone clinic does daily drug tests. Do methadone clinics do drug tests daily each time they go or is it something like once a month, 6 months (etc)?
  8. DoxyMom

DoxyMom Community Champion

I go to a methadone clinic. The tests are usually once a month. You can probably call the one he goes to find out the rules but not about him due to privacy. They don't kick you out for dirty urine but after a while will suggest you go to rehab as it is not working. He is not getting very high from the heroin or his methadone dose is not high enough to block the effects. This is also expected that you will continue to use in the beginning. Some go to the clinic to keep from getting sick. I'm going to stay sober.
    Your mom can kick him out its her house and if she suspects drug use then she should change the locks when he's out. Put his stuff outside. She can always give him a time frame first day two weeks go to rehab or you are out. Good luck. He won't get help till he's ready.
    deanokat, Dominica and Joshstillclean like this.
  9. Joshstillclean

No my suboxone clinic did mote tests on me than when I was on methadone.
    But if No one is going with him,here is what's happening. He just says he's going. Takes the money and buys dope.. Cause you don't get that high off methadone. And if you were taking methadone without a job you wouldn't have money to get high on dope.

If watch him. I would say take me to the clinic with you. And a lot of times they don't make you stand there while you swallow. He could be flipping the methadone. Then he would have lots of dope money. But falling asleep on the floor...shooting up in the face...how can he even deny something is going on?
    And I'm sorry bit afraid the police won't do anything? Why do they even have to be involved, just to get him in more trouble?
    Like @DoxyMom said change the locks. Give him a time frame. Sh!its gotta get real for him or nothing is gonna change.
    Since the methadone clinic isn't working say your not (or whoever is ) gonna pay for it anymore.

He'll freak out if its on the up and up.
    deanokat and Dominica like this.
  10. Joshstillclean

I'm really glad you reached out and i don't wanna sound harsh I just nearly lost my life to this garbage. And I am telling you from experience what it's gonna take. I don't wanna see another life lost to this trash. I hate it. It ruins good people and destroys families.
    Its a demon in powder form. Ibwant things to work out, him get help, get a job. STOP LYING. And y'all to be happy.
    Please keep us updated we care.
    deanokat likes this.
  11. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@BDS22 so sorry you and your family are struggling with this. addiction is a horrible disease... affects everyone.

the others have given great insight and advice. i do hope he will keep going to the clinic... it might take time, but there may be a point where he has had enough of this kind of life and step it up more on his end regarding treatment.

it is tough to get them to realize they need professional help...

your mom would have to go through the legal measures to get him out. she can try to give him the boot by putting his stuff out, changing locks, but that might not work legally.

please feel free to keep coming here for support.
    deanokat likes this.
  12. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@BDS22... I'm really sorry to hear about your brother, but I'm glad you found us and posted here. Your mom can have your brother removed from the house. Probably the best way to go about it is to have him legally evicted. Not sure how that works where you live, but someone at the city hall could probably tell you more.

@Joshstillclean and @DoxyMom have given you some words of wisdom. Just know that we are here to help, support, and listen anytime you need us. Also, I suggest that you and your mom consider seeking out some help for yourselves. Al-Anon or Nar-Anon meetings can be super helpful for folks who have a loved one struggling with addiction.

Sending positive energy and hope in your direction.
    Joshstillclean likes this.
  13. DoxyMom

@Joshstillclean the nurse stands there and watches me drink me dose. I only have control of my Sunday take home. I didn't even think of he wasn't going. That makes sense for how he's acting.
  14. Joshstillclean

Thats how i got on methadone in the first place. Me and two other guys at a shop I worked at would wait for a methadone girl to Come along to "air up her leaky tire" and we would air it up while she placed a coffee cup,by the trash can. When she got back in her car she had 180 bucks in the glove compartment and we divided up the methadone. Like clockwork.
    There's no way he's he's searching the house for methadone. And half the people that go to the clinic just cheek it.
    That may be an exaggeration bit i bet its close to half.
    By the time I actually got accepted I needed 120 mgs a day just to not get sick. I was soooo miserable.
  15. Joshstillclean

We also have a pharmacy down,here that deals k2 and k4 dilaudid cash under the table. One dollar a syringe.
    If you want it you can get it. But these places are so sketchy I wouldn't even drive a,nice car there. If oh were going to go there I would borrow a junky car, dress like the uni bomber. For real
    Going to these places you need eyes in the back of your head. I don't know how people live there.
  16. DoxyMom

OMG! One of the nice girls who has a week of take homes was telling me about this girls who cheecked her methadone, she put cotton in her mouth and squeezed it out when she got out to her car and sold it. That would be the day, I would drink something that was in someone else's mouth! Gross. you guys were doing that tho, ewww! The nurse where I go and there are two, makes a point to talk to you, you mix it with water as well and drink some after you dose which for me I want since it tastes bad. But the girl was also saying about this other lady who cheecked it, she did it so she could keep a bunch and then take a huge dose. I'm like, why are you going to the clinic? I'm there to get clean. Im' going for 3 months and can't wait till I get more take homes and don't have to go every day. I look forward to tomorrow as I get my Sunday dose and I get a day off.
    Joshstillclean likes this.
  17. Joshstillclean

Look I'm not proud of it at all but I shot more dope in prison (I stole diabetic needles when I was cleaning) than when I was on the street. I can guarantee you that that dope did not come in inside someone's mouth.
    "Dope day" was the term,we used for when somebody's "girlfriend" came for visitation. Think about that for a second.
    Trust me. I made sure that spoon boiled. And then boiled some more.
  18. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@DoxyMom... EWWWWWW! :eek:
  19. Joshstillclean

I did not, btw tell that just to share something disgusting with every one. We are all here with some sort of knowledge Im,sure we all wish we didn't have.
    I only share that so that others who might not know, who are stalking the site mabey trying to figure out ways to get high instead of get help (I used to do that, and yep someone who is doin that very thing just read this) will know just how disgusting a drug habit is.
    And let me tell you, I'm super super lucky to have used like I did. To have gotten dope from shady people as many times as I did and not catch anything or overdose. People are going to use its a fact. I think people should be educated on just what they are using.
    When you buy any sort of street drug that is rocked or a powder it is cut with something. And it did come from a very unsanitary place. I don't care if it was made in a lab. It still took a trip over the border in someone's crankcase of their car. Or inside their body. Or was shake and bake that your next door neighbor made and it came fresh to you. He just didn't wash his hands before weighing it out and he has hep c.
    That was why i shared that.
    deanokat likes this.
  20. DoxyMom

I get it. I understand that the girls hide drugs there. I also read on another site that opiate addicts Will sometimes shoot the dope up their butt after and like an enema. They say it's a great high and safer then shooting. At group last week the counselor said they get much of their information from the addicts. How else do they find things out? Of course this comes from the ones who have been clean.