An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Reaching out

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by Smiley1023, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Smiley1023

Smiley1023 Member

Hello to anyone reading!
    I am new to this forum stuff, have been searching for some the last couple of days and came across this one so thought I’d reach out for help. I have been an addict for over 10 years, was clean for 8 months and relapsed, now 3 years later I am so tired and so ready to stop looking for the next pill. I have been taking norcos and the withdrawals such beyond belief. I am recovering from surgery and am off from work so I thought I’d use this time to get my ish together. I went from taking 12-14 pills to taking 8 ( 2 5mg pills). Just completed my 2nd day and am taking melatonin and a flexeril for sleep and back pain. Does anyone have any tips on what else I can use for sleep and muscle aches? I know those issues are to come and really want to make sure I am able to sleep most of it off. Any other tips are welcomed. I am scared and nervous for all of this. I just need to get through it! If anyone has success stories or anything positive I can read while I fight this, I appreciate. Thank you in advance!

Lots of love,
    From a terrified pill addict
    True concern likes this.
  2. True concern

True concern Community Champion

@Smiley1023 TAKE a hot as you can stand Epsom salt bath and soak as long as you can,it will loosen your muscles so you can sleep,take a multivitamin to feed your body,mostly your internal organs the minerals you will lose while sitting on the toilet.Flexril will help you sleep-relax however once you awake you will feel even weaker than the detox alone will make you feel.I was addicted to 320 mgs of oxycontin a day at one point in my life and I have overcome that but still struggle with pain pills as I wait on surgery,a much lower dose and Norco only but the fact is after surgery I will face a physical detox again but I look forward to that last detox as this one isn't one I caused on purpose,anyways if your searching for inspiration from someone who has been down this road feel free to check my profile and search my post from there,I have about 1000 post or so..Ups,downs,in betweens,inspiration, encouragement, etc it's all there also there are others on this site with great advice search around the site it's full of inspiration and information. Take Care and Stay Strong my friend and God Bless you
    Smiley1023 and Dominica like this.
  3. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Smiley1023... Welcome to the community! I'm happy you found us and reached out. And I'm glad to hear you want to stop using pills. That's a wonderful thing.

I think @True concern has given you some excellent advice. He is full of wisdom and I think his suggestions are good ones. I also know you can do this. And we will help you as much as we can, any way we can. If you want help, support, advice, or just some caring folks to listen to you, just come back and post anytime you'd like. That's why we're here. You are not alone, my friend.

Sending you lots of positive, healing energy. And even more encouragement and hope. Addiction is a beast, but I know you can slay it!
    Smiley1023, Dominica and True concern like this.
  4. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@Smiley1023 Hello and welcome. Thank you for reaching out. You've gotten some great insight and advice so far and I agree with them. The only thing I will add that I know has helped some people is beginning a journey in meditation or guided meditations for sleep and anxiety. Not sure if that's your cup of tea but it does tend to help some people. Please keep in touch and let us know how you're doing. We're here for you!
    deanokat, True concern and Smiley1023 like this.
  5. Smiley1023

Smiley1023 Member

Thank you so much for your reply, it means the world! I wish I could take a bath so bad, or go for a walk, but the kind of surgery I had prevents me from taking a bath or a shower longer than 5 mins. I’m on bed rest for another week, which has been brutal!! I will have my brother pick me up some multivitamins today. I’m excited to go check your profile out and read about your journey. That seems to help me out the most when I feel like reaching for a pill.

So sorry to hear that you will be having surgery and have to face the pill once again! I pray that everything goes well and that you return to your most happy self soon. Sending hugs and love your way! Xoxo
    deanokat and True concern like this.