An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Ready to quit - asking for support!

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by Storm1980, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Storm1980

Storm1980 Member

Hi All,

I am a 39 year old female who at the age of 38 began using cocaine, only drug ever used before this was alcohol. This started at the point that I broke wrists and a violent burglary occurred at our home, in some ways I feel like they are excuses but at the time cocaine and alcohol were the only pain relievers that helped with my wrists.

Fast forward 1 year and what has gone from a twice a week habit is now very other day :( I am pretty disgusted with myself. I have always known that I have an addictive personality hence the non drug use for 38 years!

I do not enjoy the use, I am wracked with guilt and disgust each and every time I use it. The fear is that I must give up both substances forever - that is a pretty scary thought!

I struggle on a daily basis as my wrists are still not healed, I cannot drive, take my dogs for a walk etc and it feels like I am attempting to self destruct :(

I guess I am just after some support/guidance to help see me through quitting once and for all!

Thank you so much in advance.

xx
  2. Mary310

Mary310 Member

Hi storm1980 ,
    My Ex boyfriend is a alcoholic and cocaine addict. You are doing the right thing for yourself. Although you might find it scary , I also find it courageous. Many people have found success in narcotics anonymous. Start yourself on a 12 step program . Listen to podcasts about overcoming addiction. Surround yourself with positivity even if you don’t feel that way right now. If you quit soon you’d only of given this addition a year of your life and it will just be a blip in the grand scheme of your lifetime. Cocaine causes so much pain for the addict and friends and family too . All the best to you in your journey of recovery and sobriety <3