An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Recovering Addict Husband-new to crack

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by CnfdNYWife, Jul 12, 2016.

1. CnfdNYWife

CnfdNYWife Member

7 years ago I got clean from heroin. Never IV, always snorted it. My husband too but he used it IV I found out yrs later! Well this man has relapsed many times. Recently I've found out he's now used crack several times! He says he is not addicted and has made promises which of course he's broken over & over. I found out through a friend, he's been making over $1k a wk at work and myself & son see nothing! Is crack something you can just stop or is it pretty definite he's now addicted to THIS? He's angry/miserable to begin with so its hard to tell when he's using. I'm ready to tell him to leave. I can't keep doing this. Tyia
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@CnfdNYWife... It sounds like your husband is likely addicted to crack. It would be a good thing if you could get him to seek some professional help. If he won't seek help, you may have some tough decisions to make. I will keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers.
    CnfdNYWife likes this.
  3. CnfdNYWife

CnfdNYWife Member

Thank you. I'm just at a loss. Like I said, I've caught him doing it a couple times now and even found paraphernalia hidden in the house, but I can't tell when he's high because he's high strung and angry to begin with. I thank you again
  4. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

You're very welcome, @CnfdNYWife. We're here to help and support you anytime you need someone to lean on. Sending you hugs of hope.