New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Recovering addict stuck in house with active addict

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by True concern, Aug 6, 2018.

1. True concern

True concern Community Champion

So ya many of you know my story,many of you know I was concerned he would return to meth once out of jail..well one slip up I didn't acknowledge as if I didn't know yet continued to try and supply praise for his sobriety, which I was hoping would encourage him to stop using..Slip up two I made it known I was suspicious and continued the encouragement, it seemed to work he slept for 56 hour's straight and I acted as if I didn't notice how odd that was.Here we are round 3 and he isn't even trying to be cautious about his action's making it more than obvious he is spun out on Meth.I sit here 6 1/2 month's without meth,alcohol, heroin,etc...I had a obviously serious drug problem. Now stuck in the house with someone on meth I don't crave the drug,infact I hate the drug and have zero interest in using it but do I want it in the home I live in?No I do not.The person doesn't care about how his action's affect anyone at all and he uses my mom,his sister in every way possible because he knows she doesn't want to see him on the street,yet he has no respect for her repeated request to stop doing meth in her home.I don't know why I'm posting this here other than I wanted to put it somewhere besides just stuck on repeat in my mind.It's my mom's home so I can't throw him out and she won't so as if staying sober wasn't hard enough already now I get this added pressure. I'm considering living out of my car at this time which feels assbackwards to me,the drug abuser gets to stay in the home and the person fighting to stay sober considering living out of his car.I pray I have my knee surgery very soon so I can heal and go back to work and finally leave this nightmare I'm currently stuck in.Anyways I have vented and I pray it helps. Stay Strong my friends it could always be worse.God Bless and take care
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

I'm so sorry about this situation, @True concern. I can only imagine how annoying and draining it is on you. And it does seem totally ass-backwards if you're forced to live out of your car while he gets to stay in the house with his meth. WTF???!!! I have a question for you, and please don't be offended by it: Have you ever considered calling the cops on him? I know that's a pretty drastic step, but...he is doing something illegal. And it's not a good environment for ANYONE living in that home. I'm just wondering if some sort of intervention by law enforcement might fix things. Although, I'm sure there might be repercussions that would come along with that. Your mom might not be too thrilled about it, huh? What about the threat of calling the cops? Do you think that would have any effect on him? I apologize. I'm just grasping at straws now.

Maybe someone else will have better ideas. In the meantime, you know you are always welcome to vent here. And you're right: It could always be worse.

Love ya, man. I pray that things get better in your world ASAP.
    Dominica and True concern like this.
  3. True concern

He is on probation for another 2 1/2 year's and there is a chance his PO officer could show up and test him anytime randomly but somehow he got a deal after his 3rd violation that boggles the mind.He was released from jail with a court order stating if he is picked up for under the influence even if caught with a small amount of narcotics he will spend only ten day's in jail per violation which eliminates his fear of police and or going to jail.I have never in my life known anyone to get such a deal but somehow he did so...ya that route would be pointless plus the added reputation it would put on me once he got released as he would tell all the criminals who we use to associate with together and though I have zero contact with any of them it would actually endanger my life if I were to run into any of them so this struggle, this lifestyle choice to fight for sobriety has put everything in my life at risk.It's a very extreme situation and I am now the cast out as the mass majority of people around me have accepted and expect everyone to be on dope.It's absolutely insane and I am simply stuck right now.This is a big part of why i want my surgery done as soon as possible so I can hopefully enlist in the military and get away from this toxic environment, that and I love my country and want to do something positive in my life for once.It's ironic that i would rather dodge bullet's in war than be around drug's at this point in my life but I see no other options at this time. I can always go back to managing an auto part's store but alone with just that income I couldn't pay rent and eat...so ya it's a tough world I created for myself spending all that time on dope and now this is my life.Thank you for your response @deanokat it means a lot to know someone cares.Take care my friend
    Dominica and deanokat like this.
  4. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

Hi Arthur! Thank you for sharing this here in the Forum. I'm sure it is quite disheartening to be in the situation that you're in, especially knowing that you are the one who's on the up-and-up and he's engaging in illegal activity. That definitely isn't fair.

I will be glad when you can have your knee surgery as well. I know that you want to be up and moving and continuing to create a good life for yourself. If it's the military that you want to join, then that's wonderful and it would be an honor to have you serve our country. Know that you can rely on us here in the Forum and share anytime you need to. I wish there was a better environment you could find to stay in, and if it's between your car and drugs, I would say go live in your car over the other. However, I pray that a better situation will come your way. Let's put it out there to the universe for your highest good, a safe place that you can be yourself and free from illegal drugs in the home. Never know what might pop up!

Despite the situation, I hope that you're doing all right. I always enjoy reading your responses here in the Forum and appreciate your concern for everyone. We're here for you my friend!
    True concern likes this.
  5. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Hey, just want you to know that I'm thinking about you today, Arthur. You're in a tough spot and I'm praying for you. And you're helping people here, too, which is such a wonderful thing. Hope you can get that surgery soon. Love ya, man.
    True concern likes this.
  6. True concern

I will be seeing my surgeon on Monday to set the date for surgery so that is good news,im very uncomfortable with the thought of having surgery and being stuck in the same house with him,for several reasons but mostly right after surgery I won't be able to protect my family and that is truly bothering me because once I have surgery it will leave me very vulnerable and that will make my family vulnerable as well because I am the only one physically capable to protect my family inside the home and both my parents are sick and elderly,my older brother has a learning disability and can be taken advantage of easily as far as if my family member on meth asked him to "borrow" money he would let him and obviously he never pays it back and then I have a 7 year old sister. These thing's definitely worry me but I have to help me to be able to continue to help them.My mom told me for the first time yesterday that he doesn't have a conscious and never has,I suspected as much but hearing her admit it just confirmed my concerns for their well being while I can't walk as he will undoubtedly try to take advantage of that situation. I pray my surgery goes well and I heal fast..for both my sake and my families
    deanokat and lonewolves like this.