An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Recovering with a friend who's really willing to help.

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by 003, Mar 13, 2015.

1. 003

003 Community Champion

I find it a great deal, a really significant and helpful one that I have a friends, who's always there willing to listen to my rants and angst, but not there to judge me or to tolerate my bad actions. I'm happy and thankful that I have a friend who never gives up for me and is always there, no matter how hard I push him from me. I simply think that without her, I would never be able to recover. I hope that you too have the same kind of friend that I have.
  2. Charli

Charli Community Champion

I try to be this kind of friend to my group and some of them have shown me appreciation for it. I try to be a good listener and in general just try not to judge because I always keep in mind that we are all lost in some way and we all have our bad habits and we all make mistakes. I make sure they feel comfortable enough to tell me any problem regardless of the topic.
  3. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

Great to know to have such good friend who was able to help you get recovered. :)
    I also have a friend who is willing to listen and it is really a nice thing in life. I would spend time talking and listening to her as well.
  4. amethyst

amethyst Community Champion

You are very lucky to have such a great person in your life. I, too, was given such an exceptional gift during my process of recovery. I know that without him I would not have been able to make it. He not only supported my on an emotional and psychological level, no, he opened his arms and completely welcomed me into his home, and into his life. He is not simply a friend, he is a soul friend.