An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Recovery and Prayers?

Discussion in 'Heroin' started by Friendtofriend, Sep 20, 2015.

1. I had read in another section on this forum that someone had asked does prayer help for an addict to recover. You better believe it does. There is other things that have to be known about prayer, We all think we know right? We have to go to church and all the stuff that goes along with that. I don't want to challenge anyone here on what they believe in, that is not the point I want to get across here.
    What is prayer, Prayer has a purpose, it's what we have heard all our lives right. Prayer is is a want a need for a positive change for the better right.... How one gets that is not the important part here. A person can pray to a rock if that is what they think they need or have had success with. Who prays to a rock lol. Who knows. One thing to know is how things work. There is only a few things you need to know on how to be successful at anything. Knowing the design of what you are dealing with and the power of "Laws of Attraction " Knowing what the mind is attracted to is the Key. We all have the power, sometimes we don't know how we use it to get what we want but somehow we make it happen. Sometimes we need help. There are a lot of businesses out there that make billions of dollars a year off of knowing how the LOA works. The power of suggestion! Subliminal messages, remember how that was Outlawed at the movie theaters making people see a coke or popcorn in the screen and having to go to the consesion stand to get it. Maybe you would have to be older to remember that. Some people may be able to change their attraction in their mind by yourself or other may need to go to church and be with many people that are looking to better there lives at anything they want to succeed at. It's what ever works to remove a negative to a positive in the mind of what the receptors in the brain to change the attraction and stay focused on it.
    Example: you want a new car, how bad do you want it? If you think positive about it you will work for it, figure out the way to get it right.
    Is you think negative it is not going to happen.
    So keep this in mind.
    Think positive you will get positive.
    If you think positive and negative you may or may not get it. Your beliefs are not strong enough.
    You think negative you get negative.
    From what I have found is that the user of heroin, their mind is working way different and that is why nobody can figure what is in the users mind. Their positive and negatives are no longer in control the drug is in control and all the user knows is to use what ever possible way to get to the positive way to get what they need to not hurt at any cost. That is why the family's can't understand the habits of a user.
    Everybody has to do their own research on this. I'm not a doctor of or in anything but what I am is a person that has latched on to the person I love to get the knowledge of what is needed to free the woman I love. So please do your research, you need to learn what the drug does. How it takes control. Learn the traits of the user. Learn about the Laws of Attraction and then you too will have the key to success.
    Like I said before, I'm not a drug user, I have started using the same process of the mind and I know this works. It will work for anything you put your mind to. Please accept this as entertainment I'm not a doctor you are on your owning in no way to be responsible for libilaties of the use of this information in the court of law. It is entertainment only. I'm not to be held responsible. Please seek a professional PhD. You are own your own. I think I made my point.
    JonnyMacdonald and deanokat like this.
  2. deewanna

deewanna Senior Contributor

I agree with you. Knowing that there is a higher power that can assist you in your moment of pain. It does a lot to ease that pain. It makes you feel you are not alone. This feeling is similar to that of a child who looks up to his mother.
  3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

Of course, prayers do work wonders in our life. As long as you have a positive mindset and have so much faith in God, nothing is impossible. Actually, I was sort of a pessimist when I was younger, but after knowing God and having a personal relationship with him, I know that whatever comes my way, I'll be able to overcome it.
  4. vegito12

vegito12 Community Champion

I reckon a prayer can help and if in a positive state of mind can do better things in life and also turn your life around if you have the right support and also, knowing that God exists can help you out and have faith as well in your day to day life. I think that praying to god on a daily basis can help and also doing good things which give you peace, can help you have a clear mind and be more focused on things which are good for you. I know some people who have turned to God and also changed their life around so that they can have a easier life and also, had a better relationship with friends and family as well.
  5. SamBo_LamBo

SamBo_LamBo Member

Prayer and meditation are very important vessels in reflection for humanity. Even if you don't believe in the spiritual, using these tools can help you figure out where you are wrong and reveal large messes in one's life. Any doctor would be ok with you doing that as long as you also use the tools given to recover as well. It's a different experience for everyone, I suppose.
  6. Nergaahl

Nergaahl Community Champion

I got familiar with the Law of Attraction five or six months ago, and learned how to properly use it. I have also been meditating in order to maximize its effects. It feels good to be faithful and believe in a higher power, especially for me, the one who thought he was alone all his life. It makes me feel more thankful and empowered.

I have heard of the Law before, but I didn't have so much motivation and trust in The Universe to achieve what I wanted. I remember that I used it in order to make a girl like me, but I guess it doesn't work on people as well.
  7. JonnyMacdonald

JonnyMacdonald Community Champion

It's WAY more that just that.
    It's about having a relationship with God. It's about talking to Him and walking the path that is the right path.

If you haven't talked to Him recently, give it a try. What's the worst that could happen?
  8. xTinx

xTinx Community Champion

Prayers give us a sense of hope and make us feel that we're not fighting alone. Studies show that when you believe (be it in God or in the possibility of salvation), your recovery rate shoots. Our way of thinking, our emotions, contribute to our physical health. Praying helps because it increases positive vibes, stimulating salient neurotransmitters that are responsible for better recovery.
  9. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

Faith isn't about 'knowing', it's about believing. That's why it's called this way. We can't really know if there is a higher power watching for us, but we can have faith. And faith sometimes is very powerful thing.

Knowing is important, but believing can add more to that. Especially if it's believing in yourself. Whether everyone else do or not.
  10. JohnBeaulieu

JohnBeaulieu Community Champion

Faith is simply the human capacity to believe in what need to believe absent logical definable factors for evidence or proof. Faith & hope are related and necessary at times because we are not clairvoyant and need to believe certain things to move forward in life at times. We need to have an end goal in sight to push forward at times or we wont.
    Sleeper likes this.
  11. 6up

6up Community Champion

Prayers and self motivation can see you through. When you feel that you can't beat the craving, you need to get to your knees and pray. We are not supposed to give up in our fight against drugs. Drugs can affect our future lives completely. Better we avoid them at early stages.
  12. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

I also believe in the power of prayer and positive thinking. Praying can give hope to a person who believes and can be also shared to others. It can be also used to self reflect and realize things better.