An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

"Recovery Concierge"

Discussion in 'Questions About Treatment' started by Michelle, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Michelle

Michelle Member

I have been hearing ads lately by an organization that calls themselves a "recovery concierge."

Though they're not very clear, it sounds like you call them, talk to a recovering addict or alcoholic, and they figure out what program is best for you.

But the ads also use words like "painless detox" and seem to guarantee that the recovery is the last one the listener will ever need.

While I'd say that the second promise is true for some, I don't understand how such a promise can be made.

The first one, "painless detox" seems to me to be pretty much impossible, but I could be wrong.

Does anyone know anything about this outfit? Are they helpful?
  2. juno

juno Community Champion

This sounds interesting. I have not heard of them, but it sounds like a middleman to help you get signed up with a treatment program. I suppose when you are undergoing such a situation, any sort of support system is great. If someone else is willing to do the paperwork, then that is a great deal of help.

Particularly becuse there are people who go through theses situations, but do not have anyone to help them be by their side. Some people can't read or write and a person to do this might not be a bad thing.
  3. globulon

globulon Member

If they do what they claim to do, then I wish them all the best. However, I would be skeptical of an organization like this if you are in a region with free government-sponsored or NPO-sponsored counselling services. If it is a for-profit organization, asking for payment and advertising vague and unrealistic claims may just be someone taking advantage of vulnerable individuals in need. I would wait for reviews from trusted sources.
  4. tomralph

tomralph Member

I assume you are not referring to The Recovery Concierge Inc. located in Canada?
    The are bona-fide company Trade Marked in Canada & The USA as The Recovery Concierge Inc.
  5. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

Good question. I agree that one should be careful, and always do your homework regarding treatment of any sort.
    deanokat likes this.