An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Recreational Adderall

Discussion in 'Prescription Drugs' started by kjonesm1, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Shimus

Shimus Community Champion

Regardless of legality, no drug should be openly received without some form of criticism or knowledge beforehand. If you walk blindly into a situation and let how you feel guide you, you will end up addicting to a lot more than just Adderall.
  2. tasha

tasha Community Listener Community Listener

The natural high that I mean is by far not like the one you would get from anything that you have taken in the past but there are things that make you feel good when you are on a downer. Berries are full of antioxidants and there are mood foods that make you want to laugh and smile on a day where you feel low. Congratulations on 7 years!!! That's fantastic!!
    PrideKidd likes this.
  3. tasha

The feeling you get when you exercise and happy hormones are released can give you a natural high. Mood foods can pick you up when you feel down and of course there are natural highs, they wont be as effective as unnatural ones but for those who feel down, there is a way to pick yourself up without taking anything that will destroy you.
  4. Shimus

Shimus Community Champion

I exercise and I don't feel that way. Perhaps there's something wrong with me, or I'm chemically imbalanced. I still don't believe in natural highs as I've never felt them. Adrenaline rushes are not natural highs, which is what you get from working out/exercise. It can release pleasant Endorphin though, making it seem like a "High" but this feeling only lasts a short period of time, enough to make it almost un-noticeable .

The ways to pick myself up stem from my ability to want to do better and find healthier ways to live. This doesn't mean head highs or anything "high" for that nature. Just a normal, everyday life.
  5. westmixxin

westmixxin Active Contributor

It's kind of a thin line to be honest with you because I've seen a few people come up and let it be known that they do use the drug because it's been prescribed to them and they use the recommended dosage but then again little by little they start to depend on it.
  6. PrideKidd

PrideKidd Active Contributor

Thank You very much!! I appreciate all the kind words I have received here on these forums. Even though I am clean it helps keep me positive. :) I just think eating healthier in general makes you feel better. Have a turkey sandwich and feel light as compared to a Big Mac that makes ya feel icky afterwards. I really enjoy carrots and celery for snacks as well as peaches and blueberries to name a few. I replaced most junk food with fruits that are really sweet it seems to help. :) So yeah, eating healthy in my opinion leads to better moods and thus more energy.
    tasha likes this.
  7. tasha

Mood food is definitely a good way to help after you are in recovery, as you start a whole new life and with that new life comes a change in many things, including your diet. I like to suggest this to patients rather than give them something to make them smile as this is guilt free and the addiction to berries is not harmful.
  8. Matthodge1

Matthodge1 Community Champion

Preach it! That should be posted on the majority of the threads on the forums.
  9. mbowman

mbowman Member

In my experience too it is hard to stop. Once you realize that you can justify it for work reasons its a slippery slope. Once you start abusing it one way you often do it for others.