New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Relapse!

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by Jw23, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Jw23

Jw23 Member

Hi I haven’t posted in a long time but I thought I would just let you all now how I’m getting on, after being sober like 2 years I Relapsed me and my partner had just split after being together 4 and a half years so my head wasn’t straight not only that but t was my birthday so went out to celebrate even though I didn’t feel like it! I some how bumped into an old friend who uses and he offered me a line which I declined but after asking a couple more times I broke and I could have said no like It didn’t have that hold anymore but now it was like self punishment after a night of the same old I didn’t feel too bad e.g come down my head was full of crap to do with my ex! The next week I went out again and this time I was back I had a drink and I wanted to get high so I did, but again it really didn’t have the same buzz to it like it use too the come down that night and the next day was horrendous! The truth is addiction is a life battle and it was the first time I had been tested in over year and although I lost the battle I’m still going to win the war! I just have to relay on myself 100% from now on!
  2. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@Jw23 hey there. thanks for sharing... it's tough going through a break up. for sure. i'm glad you have the resolve to get back on the path of recovery. steer clear from those people who do use. not worth it! recovery is a process and for some, it is a life-long struggle, but it sounds like since you had 2 years clean, you've learned some tips and tricks to stay sober. and, sometimes it's situational. maybe you were happier in your relaionthips, so the temptation wasn't there as much.... more tempting when one's going through some sort of pain....

i believe in you and i'm glad you're here in the forum!