An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Robert Downey JR

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by Rex, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Rex

Rex Community Champion

Robin Williams was an absolute legend and a really funny guy. Hard to belive hes gone. It was such a tragedy
  2. Matthodge1

Matthodge1 Community Champion

It really was. It caught everyone by surprise and just shocked the whole world.
  3. Rex

Rex Community Champion

Do you know why he did it? Was it something to do with an illness he had or something like that.
  4. trevermorgana

trevermorgana Active Contributor

It just goes to show you how far you can go and what you can achieve if your put your mind to it, believe in yourself and see things through to the end.
    Rex likes this.
  5. Rex

Rex Community Champion

Positive talk and positive thinking. I like it
  6. E.Mil

E.Mil Community Champion

I remember when Robert Downey Jr was using drugs and to see were he is now compared to back then is a total transformation. I think that his story does help people and will continue to help people especially for those who think that turning their lives around is impossible.
    Rex likes this.
  7. Rex

Rex Community Champion

Its true. There arnt to many examples as good as him and if there are i couldnt think of them. I think he is a real inspiration
  8. Matthodge1

There's no way of truly knowing, but he was supposedly depressed about having Parkinson's.
  9. Rex

Rex Community Champion

Thats terrible, poor guy. He brought so many people such happiness
  10. serenity

serenity Community Champion

Robert Downey is quite a good actor, and it's nice to see him back acting again. He is just a living example that when you put your mind to it, then you can conquer addiction. Some celebs aren't so lucky fighting their inner demons, just look at Kurt Cobain or River Phoenix.
    Rex likes this.
  11. Rex

Rex Community Champion

Kurt Cobain in particular was such a tragedy. In the early 90's he was the sound of a generation and an icon. Too young, too soon
  12. serenity

Kurt Cobain committed suicide, so it was more tragic indeed. If only he sought help and treatment, then that could have been avoided.
    Rex likes this.
  13. Rex

Rex Community Champion

We have lost so many talented people to substance abuse in one way or another. I think it has something to do with the creativity of the people. I read recently that stephen King had drug problems and nearly died.
  14. Matthodge1

I still can't believe it happened. He's still a huge part of my childhood.
  15. Matthodge1

I think that a lot of it has to do with the limelight that creativity brings. I think there's just a lot to struggle with whenever you are an artist.
  16. Matthodge1

The fact that there are still conspiracy theories about this one blows my mind. It was pretty obvious that he was a depressed guy and needed help and nobody was there.
  17. serenity

@Matthodge1, I didn't know that there are conspiracy theories floating about Kurt Cobain. I believe in those blood sacrifes, but rock stars are usually depressed addicts, so let me google what those theories have to say.
  18. Matthodge1

There's definitely a lot of them. There's a few that say Courtney Love killed him, there's a few that say that it was staged, etc.
  19. Matthodge1

Oh definitely. It just shows that if you get off your butt and do something with yourself, you can make something of yourself.
  20. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Community Champion

He is a rarity. Other celebrities like Robin Williams and Whitney Houston had died from complication of drug abuse. RDJ did a second chance of life because of Iron Man. If it wasn't for that role he would be in a similar situation. Before that role he had nothing coming in. I'm sure the studios are now his support group and they keep a constant eye on him.