An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Robert Downey JR

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by Rex, Aug 1, 2015.

1. doatk22

doatk22 Community Champion

Robert Downey Jr. is a great actor and I'm really happy for him that he turned his life around. Has he ever done an interview about what changed?
  2. SharkyJen998

SharkyJen998 Active Contributor

I have heard of his story as well! It's really inspiring. He actually started using and experimenting at the age of six!! He was actually pretty much a joke and symbol of wasted talent before he turned his life around. In The Singing Detective, Mel Gibson had to personally underwrite Downey's liability insurance because he was considered too much of a risk to act in the film.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ert-Downey-Jr-turned-life-prison-cocaine.html
    Rex likes this.
  3. dechantajones

dechantajones Active Contributor

Rob Lowe is also a substance abuse survivor. The one thing I notice about celebrities that have took the steps to change their lives and overcome their addictions is they are humble and down to earth. They don't seem to think their better then others. They have admitted to their shortcoming and are role models in addition to being outstanding entertainers.
  4. Rex

Rex Community Champion

Rob Lowe did have problems with substance abuse. Hes such a nice guy
  5. oraclemay

oraclemay Community Champion

I wish Charlie Sheen could make the change for good! He does it every now and then! I have to wonder if he will ever get there. I think most people have given up on him. I do like Robert Downey, even more now that he is sober. What a great actor!