An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Salvia is it a stepping stone?

Discussion in 'Other Substances' started by Joethefirst, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Joethefirst

Joethefirst Community Champion

Do you think that smoking salvia is a stepping stone to harder drugs? I have never tried it. If someone has tried it did it make you want to move to something stronger like weed?
  2. doatk22

doatk22 Community Champion

I've never tried it so I can't say. But I'd imagine it is a stepping stone. I know people who have used it but were already using hard drugs.
  3. xTinx

xTinx Community Champion

Salvia exhibits the same characteristics as marijuana including the fact that it is a herbaceous plant with psychoactive effects. It's more known as a flower, however. I guess all that has changed as it's psychoactive side is slowly gaining prominence. Anyhow, it's not completely safe to smoke it. This article enumerates the dangers of smoking Salvia: http://www.livestrong.com/article/25064-dangers-smoking-salvia/.
  4. missbishi

missbishi Community Champion

Weed is stronger than salvia? Give me a break! Salvia makes you trip your nuts off. It's closer to magic mushrooms and LSD than it is to marijuana.
  5. Carnold23

Carnold23 Community Champion

Salvia is terrible! The first time I smoked salvia was my last time. I did not enjoy it at all. It made me and my friends completely trip out. A very bad high in my opinion, I would not recommend it to anyone! I don't think it would be a stepping stone, if anything it would turn people off of drugs in my opinion.
  6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Community Champion

Never tried it but I didn't hear a lot of good things about it! As missbishi said, Salvia is closer to magic mushrooms and LSD than it is to Marijuana. It's really trippy.
  7. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Community Champion

I have never tried salvia, but I can't imagine it being a stepping stone. From what I've heard, it doesn't feel nice at all. I haven't heard of people enjoying it. My brother had told me crazy stories about when he took salvia. He didn't enjoy the experience, but he also didn't steer clear of drugs. I think if a person is interested in trying something, nothing is going to steer them clear of it.