An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Second hand meth smoke from downstairs neighbor?

Discussion in 'Methamphetamine / Meth' started by mercurigera, Jun 19, 2015.

1. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

I agree with @Dominica. Do what you can to get out of there, @Fedup187. It doesn't sound healthy, either physically or emotionally. Maybe talk to the landlord first, but ultimately I think getting out of that building would be your best bet.
    Fedup187 likes this.
  2. Fedup187

Fedup187 Member

Ya, this is crazy!!! I did talk to the manager. I regret moving into this apartment building. It's full of drug addicts and nasty people. It's a " low income" property. It's a nice and newer building but the people they are renting to are making it an unsafe place to live.
    Dominica likes this.
  3. Fedup187

Fedup187 Member

Is it true that if meth was used before me and not cleaned properly, I can get sick? What if my neighbor is smoking meth, can it make me sick? I've been really sick since moving into this place.
    Dominica likes this.
  4. deanokat

Dominica likes this.
  5. Fedup187

Fedup187 Member

This is definitely effecting my health and mental state. I can't even take a nap when I'm sick because of the meth addict next door digging at her walls. This is bullshit!
  6. deanokat

I agree, @Fedup187. Is there any way you can find another place to live??
  7. Fedup187

Fedup187 Member

Man I wish! I didn't know this apartment building was a drug/halfway house. It's pretty disgusting. It took me years to finally find a place and finally left an abusive relationship. Now this??!!! Wow..
  8. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@Fedup187 so sorry.... is there anywhere you could stay until you save money for another place?

i pray something good happens here for you.... something that will help you get free from meth all together.
  9. Fedup187

Fedup187 Member

I don't have anyone to stay with. I'm worried I will end up homeless or have to go back to that relationship it took me years to get away from. I have health issues and am on disability which makes this even worse. I was trying so hard to work but because of the meth addict keeping me up, I lost my job. I've never been so disgusted in my life and feeling so stuck. I moved into this " low income" building and I thought it was nice. Not so much.. The people living here are all druggies or scum bags. I had no idea. Seeing what I'm seeing has opened my eyes! I guess the government thinks that all low income people are scum bags and moving all of them under one roof is a good thing. I am living a nightmare I can't wake up from and no way to change anything. There's also something making me sicker. That remains a mystery.
  10. deanokat

@Fedup187... Not to make light of your situation, but those "druggies and scum bags" are human beings, too. They aren't bad people; they're sick people. And they need help to get better. That said, I know you're in an uncomfortable position. My suggestion would be to contact social services, explain the situation, and see if they can help you. Maybe that won't work, but it's worth a try. In the meantime, maybe having a little bit of sympathy wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
    Dominica likes this.
  11. Fedup187

Fedup187 Member

I use to have sympathy until I moved into this place and seen the truth of things. I just have no sympathy for people who choose to do drugs, work the system to get free rent and save their money to buy drugs to use under the free roof they're given for free and cause disruption for everyone living around them. I never thought about these people the way I do now. It took me seeing things with my own eyes. No one can understand how some of these people are until they're surrounded by them and become a witness to the behavior.