An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Seeking Help

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Tjd19801980, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Tjd19801980

Tjd19801980 Member

Any it is using drugs should seek professional help to beat there addition. It may be positive for them reach out other people that has recovered from the disease. I believe that if you are surrounded my a negative environment, that it may be helpful to change your surroundings. If everything else fail for you, the best answer is to allow God to do his work, he can break every chain.
  2. Jenga

Jenga Active Contributor

Environment and any form of support is a huge influence in whether or not you can break an addiction. Sometimes that support is your loved ones, sometimes that support is faith in a higher power. Regardless of what you believe, if you're able to believe in hope and can keep a strong mind, practically anything is possible.
  3. L_B

L_B Community Champion

If somebody wants to overcome an addiction positive support from any source is crucial. It is hard to overcome it on your own. Surrounding yourself with positive people is an important choice to make. Get away from those who are hindering you. It is a tough struggle but I have read so many inspiring stories on here that prove it can be done. You have to never stop believing and never stop wanting to be free!
  4. jeremy2

jeremy2 Community Champion

I also believe that surrounding yourself with positive energy will do magic to your drug problems. Your inner circle can greatly affect/influence the final outcome of your drugs problem. But it's also imperative that you include God throughout as he knows your shortcomings and he'll do the impossible for you.
  5. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Community Champion

If you are struggling into any kind of addiction before you seek positive help from other people like your family, relatives and friends you must first have that positive motivation within yourself that you really want to recover and move on to a new life. If both of you had this positive attitudes then you can recover fast and survive your struggle to your addiction. And the most important always pray for guidance from God and His love will always shine upon you.
  6. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

We would always need someone to support us throughout our journey to recovery. I believe no man is an island. But yeah, when support team is scarce, look for divine intervention, and you'll surely find it in God.

All the best!
  7. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Community Champion

Being with people who is struggling with similar problems as you are is always good, some of their stories are truly inspiring and motivating to win this battle. In the other hand, religious stuff is relative, not all of us are believers and it couldn't work for everyone, but I'm glad that people actually find support in God, any kind of inspiration is valid and positive.
  8. doatk22

doatk22 Community Champion

Your surroundings mean everything. If you're stuck around negative people who will only push you to stay an addict that's more than likely what you'll do. You need a good supportive environment of people.