An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Seeking some advice

Discussion in 'General Substance Abuse Discussion' started by Tae, Feb 10, 2019 at 3:33 PM.

1. Tae

Tae Member

Although I care about my life, and my sobriety. My actions have not shown it. It's been a long time since I have had more than a month of clean time. And the only reason I ever stop is when I am out of cash ...i can tell myself all the good things I need to get done, I the good I can do for my loved ones, but when payday comes ((of which I am lucky to even be employed) I always make the wrong choice....has anybody had this issue and found personal breakthroughs in making the right choice? Tks
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Tae... Is there someone else you can ask to control your money? Not the ideal solution, but in the short-term, maybe it would help you make better decisions. Just a thought. Money can definitely be a HUGE trigger for any drug user.

I also think getting some professional help would be a good idea. Or going to support group meetings (NA, SMART Recovery, etc.).
    Dominica likes this.
  3. Tae

Tae Member

at the meeting where I was at I got offered some clear, it doesn't mean I shouldn't go the distance and find some others further out. I tried the money thing. We did prepaid gift cards. Worked for a minute. As long as my account is in my name it won't work. I do just e some good people in my life...selah
    deanokat and Dominica like this.
  4. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@Tae I agree that it may be time to reach out for professional help. use that money in that fashion, and you may get different results! ;)
    deanokat likes this.
  5. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@Tae i'm glad you are reaching out here. shows that you are ready for some big changes... good changes!
    deanokat likes this.