An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Seizure question

Discussion in 'Heroin' started by Coachtodd, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Coachtodd

Coachtodd Member

Has anyone heard of post rehab seizures? My son just went through rehab and is 22 days sober and had a violent seizure today. He also picked up a twitch after about day 5 of detox/rehab that is not getting any better.
  2. LoveEcho

LoveEcho Community Champion

Opioids change the brain chemistry, so it's possible. Is your son seeing a medical professional? It's extremely important that he is, especially, with seizures. They should be able to explain it to you. I wish you the best of luck, that sounds terrifying. I hope he is okay.
  3. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015 Community Champion

I'm so sorry your son is going through something like this. I have a cousin that suffers seizures and they can happen at any time. He even has his own helmet at home for safety. Your son needs to see a doctor to be sure that nothing is being damaged such as the nerves or brain.
  4. missbishi

missbishi Community Champion

Seizures are fairly common during the early stages of recovery. Your son needs to check in with the doc as soon as possible as they can be fatal.
  5. oraclemay

oraclemay Community Champion

Be patient and vigilant. Do the best you can. Get medical assistance. The situation will improve with time. It will not be immediate. It takes time to become strong and healthy again.
  6. Adrianna

Adrianna Community Champion

Yeah these kind of things can happen. Unfortunately it would be because they let them out too early. Residuals can take some time to clear the body if not properly detoxed. Eating raw helps the body to detox the most effectively. A little scary probably. Uncontrollable twitching and the seizures. There was a toxicity level that was reached if this sort of thing is happening. It is the effects of overloading. Awareness for both of you will help. It's rough but hopefully all is going well by now.