An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Self detox from Durogesic 100 microgram patches

Discussion in 'Share Your Detox Experience' started by loser, Jan 17, 2019.

1. loser

loser Community Champion

For the longest time I was so fu(kin depressed over my addiction to Durogesic patches... that at a certain point, I was actually considering suicide.

I was perscribed Durogesic patches by a doctor in Brussels who decided that I was taking far too much hydro codine. He suggested Fentanyl as an alternative to get me off codine. Being Canadian and somewhat naive, I agreed.

Christ do I regret this now !

My pattern of abuse is that I wear one patch every two days as perscribed and on the second day, I chew the two day used patch that I was supposed to throw away.

Everything I found online warned against self detox... saying that with Fentanyl self detox was extremely dangerous. They all suggested that I get myself into drug rehab as only they would be able to safely detox me off this medication.

All the detox centers I contacted gave the illusion of actually caring about clients and their addiction. However, upon learning that I could not afford the 3000 to 10000 euro costs for detox treatment, that illusion of care and concern was quickly flushed . I contacted treatment center after treatment center. It was the same story with each and every one of them.

Feeling that no one was interested in helping me break free of this addiction and believing the line that the only way to get off of it was through treatment centers, I began planning my suicide.

My intent was to obtain Helium or Nitrogen gas and check out via hypoxia, or to slap on ten 100 microgram patches and chew five or so.

In a last ditch effort to reach out, I contacted Drugabuse.com and created a thread asking for advice concerning the possibility of overdosing on fentanyl patches with a high tollerance.

Luckily for me, I met some really caring people on my thread who sensed that I was at the end and who continued guiding me towards a continued search for options and alternatives.

Eventually I contacted one treatment center in England who purported to offer a no pain drug induced withdraw treatment. They said they would do it for 3000 pounds.

I gathered the aforesaid funds and planned to go to England following the termination of my 90 day tourist visa.

Eventually I came to learn that the detox center I applied to, transferred my case to another detox center that does not offer the no pain treatment option. WTF ?!?

I contacted them to find out what was up. They explained that for the money, the initial treatment center I applied for was no longer willing to do it for the agreed upon price.

I contacted this new treatment center who explained that they do not offer what I was planning to pay for. They offered a more traditional approch to detox and treatment... ie: cold turkey.

When I advised them that it was an addiction to Fentanyl , they seemed lost... not having any experience with this substance.

After several phone calls with them, they advised me to stop chewing the patches because they believed chewing the patches has no effect as, according to them, Fentanyl cannot be absorbed through the membranes of the mouth.

It was then that I realised how deluded these people were.

I went back on line and found a doctors report on gradual withdrawal from fentanyl patches.

He recommended a reduction of 25 micrograms at a time weekly. However, upon going onto You Tube, I found people who had tried to withdraw at 25 micrograms per time. They all stated that it was far too difficult and painful. Be that as it may, I now realised that the detox centers who suggest that Fenanyl is too dangerous to self detox from, are full of sh!t. One Can self detox provided it is done right.

I developed a plan to self detox descending at 12 to 13 micrograms per time over 2 to 3 week periods. I talked to my doctor about it and he agreed to provide me with the necessary prescriptions to do this. Thus, I began self detox.

I flew to Albania for three months where I went through a signifigant portion of my detox. It has been hard, in fact after dropping to 75 micrograms, every dose descent was like going through full blown heroin withdraws. Although hard, eventually the body does stablize to the new dose.

Now I am back in Alkmaar Netherlands and I have recently decended to 12 micrograms. I have gone through the four days of feeling rough and now it is starting to stablize .

The message I am trying to convey through this thread is that you do not have to buy into the bullshit these treatment and detox centers say about Fentanyl. They are all a bunch of lying fu(ktards that are only interested in taking what amounts to peoples life savings... just to get them addicted to another substance (Suboxin or methadon), or to make them go through a hard 'supervised' withdraw. Save your money, talk to your doctor and develop your own gradual withdrawal plan.

You can self detox from this drug I am living proof of this fact.

In 20 days, I will have 5 patches of 12 micrograms left. I will cut those in half and descend to 6 micrograms before going to zero.

God bless you all.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    True concern and deanokat like this.
  2. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@loser thank you for sharing your story in this thread. i'm so incredibly proud of you for the hard work you have done in self-detoxing. i know it has been a roller coaster ride....but you're doing it!! your post can give others courage to continue on with efforts at getting off drugs..... and i'm so happy that we have been able to be here for you through it all. truly a blessing.

you've come so far! and complete freedom is just around the corner!

you are valuable here..this online family of men and women doing the best we can for a better life.

you have a blessed day!! (would still love to know your first name ) :)
    True concern, deanokat and loser like this.
  3. loser

loser Community Champion

Thanks sweetie.

My name is... Robert.
    True concern, Dominica and deanokat like this.
  4. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@loser

Robert (it's so nice to know your name!)... Thanks for taking the time to put your story into "writing" here. It's amazing that you took the time to do that even though you're still struggling mightily with your detox. You have a good heart and a good soul, and I very much appreciate your willingness to share your insight in order to help others. That's such a wonderful thing.

We love and care about you, my friend. You should be the poster child for determination and perseverance. I can't wait for you to get to the other side of your battle. You soooo deserve to be healthy, happy, and drug-free! Even if you never call ME sweetie. ;)
    True concern, Dominica and loser like this.
  5. loser

loser Community Champion

Bahahah

Ok sweetie sugarplum blossom boy.

In all seriousness, I realise that I am really close to beating this.

All of you know that it has been one hellova struggle doing this without suboxin or some other alternative opoid. After reading what Josh wrote me... I almost went that route. However, with all due respect to him and his wisdom on the subject... I am glad I didn't.

I have taken the path I felt was right for me. And despite all who have tried to tell me that this medicaton is too hard to detox off of without some sort of 'buffer dope' or structured detox intervention, I have shown them ALL that they are wrong.

Gradual slow tapering (for me) was the only option to wean myself off of Fentanyl. If someone absolutely needs to do it thru structured detox (and can afford it) or needs to use another opiate to get off of Fent, it is more reflective of the psychological hold their addiction has on them and a wavering desire to truly beat it.

I firmly believe that if a human being TRULY wants something, they will do what it takes to obtain it.

No it has not been easy... but it is something I TRULY wanted. This dope was killing me and everything I love and I know that if I would have continued... I would have lost everything (my life included). Thus, I chose life.

Once this is done... there will not be a relapse back into this addiction. I suffered a four almost five month extended withdraw. I do not EVER want to experience this sort of pain and suffering in my life EVER again.
    It was the hardest thing I ever have done... far harder than the Pegatron treatments I recieved for the Hep C I had (and I thought that was hell... obviously I had no clue).

Feeling confident and strong.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    True concern, Dominica and deanokat like this.
  6. deanokat

THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!!! :D
    Dominica and loser like this.
  7. Dominica

@loser Robert! Thanks for sharing that..... :)

I'm sure you will never become addicted again... and that you'll go on to live out your life feeling more fulfilled...

Great things to come.. (and by great, I mean even simple things like just waking up and feeling peace.... sitting enjoying a sunset...loved ones... etc.)

Hope your day is going well!
    True concern, loser and deanokat like this.
  8. loser

loser Community Champion

Still feeling a bit achy Dominica, but it is getting better... slowly.

Thanks for asking sweetie.
    deanokat likes this.
  9. loser

loser Community Champion

Thanks Dominica.

You are right. There will not be a return to this addiction. Once it's beat... it's over. And yes... I am looking forward to appreciating the simple things that life offers for my remaining years .

Now I can fully enjoy my foreign adventures without stressing over this addiction.

Will return to Albania again in April, then it's off to Georgia (the country) for a year. (A tourist visa is a year long in this country as it has one of the most liberally progressive immigration policies in Europe).
    deanokat likes this.
  10. Dominica

@loser Hey you! I see you love to travel! That's wonderful. You know I've never even heard of a country named Georgia! ;) You'll have to let us know how fantastic it is there once you arrive. I have friends that do a lot of travel like this, usually doing ex-pat work in exchange for room and board. great way to see the world!! :0

hope you are having a good day!!!
    loser and deanokat like this.
  11. deanokat

Your life will improve exponentially, @loser. I can't wait for that to happen for you. All the hard work you're putting in right now will be soooooo incredibly worth it! :)
    True concern, Dominica and loser like this.
  12. loser

loser Community Champion

The Republic of Georgia is a country on the Black Sea. It borders Turkey, Armenia, Azerbijan and Russia.

It was formerly a Russian state, but obtained its independence in the 90's.

Yes... travelling is something I love dearly. I love to experience other cultures and peoples.

My plan is to go to a city on the coast called Batumi. It is very close to the Turkish border and is a resort city.
    Dominica likes this.
  13. loser

loser Community Champion

I know Dean. Just the fact that I no longer have to stress over this addiction is the best payoff. Everything else is a bonus.
    True concern, deanokat and Dominica like this.
  14. Dominica

@loser sounds fantastic! so happy for you!
    deanokat and loser like this.
  15. loser

loser Community Champion

Today I am still feeling kind of 'flu-ish' despite having gone down to 12 micrograms 6 days ago. (Just changed my patch a few minutes ago. Hopefully that will calm the sickly feelings somewhat.)

They say fentanyl withdrawls can last anywhere from three days before they crest and begin to subside, and up to two weeks. Seems that I am at the latter end of that spectrum... as my periods of being sick seem to last between 8 to 12 days. Be that as it may, nothing good has ever come easily to me in my life. I have had to struggle and endure pain and suffering for every single good thing (no silver spoon in my arse). Still, it has all been worth it.

The Elders teach that the Creater provides all things. Both the good things and the bad things we endure in life. All things He provides us with are teachings... sacred wisdoms from which we as true human beings are supposed to learn from. This is one of the Great Truths in life.

As hard as it has been... I give thanks to the Creator for the sufferings I have endured, for the strength he has provided me to endure them and for the sacred wisdoms I have learned during this process.

Wakan Tanka Kici Un
    (God bless you all)
    True concern and deanokat like this.
  16. Dominica

@loser hey you! hopefully you'll be feeling better very soon! thanks for the wisdom teachings! i love hearing things like this! i do agree all is an opportunity to learn, grow, expand... your background in native american. very nice. i went to my first pow wow this past summer and found it a beautiful and rich experience.

God bless you too!!!
    True concern, deanokat and loser like this.
  17. loser

loser Community Champion

I am glad you got to experience a Pow Wow. I hope you got stuffed with lots of Bannock and wild meat.

Also, I hope you enjoyed the grass dancers, hoop dancers and that you participated in a little dancing yourself. Finally, I hope you made a tobacco offering.... giving thanks tp the Creator for the experience. If not thats okay as the Creator understands these things.

When you pray, try burning a little tobacco mixed with some buffalo sage.

The smoke from this carries up
    your prayers up to the Creator and trust me when I say... He hears them and He does respond. That response isn't always what you want. But I promise you this:

It will be what you need.
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    deanokat likes this.
  18. deanokat

Thinking of you today, @loser. Continue to move forward, be brave, and keep the faith.
    True concern and loser like this.
  19. loser

loser Community Champion

Never would've thought that being straight with True Concern would have the effect of pushing people away.

I guess for some, smoke and mirrors is more important than truth.

Good luck all.
    Loser out
  20. deanokat

@loser... If what you said to @True concern did in fact push him away, that's not your fault. You were totally honest with him and I admire you for that.

Of course, we don't know for sure that Arthur hasn't been around because of what you said. We know he was struggling, and it's possible that he's struggling even more than he was. So I think it's best not to jump to conclusions.

@True concern... Please check in with us, my brother. We need to know that you're okay.

@loser... Please, please, please don't leave us because of this. It could all be a misunderstanding/misinterpretation of what's really going on. I truly believe that Arthur wants to hear and respects the truth. And that he doesn't like smoke and mirrors or bullshit.

You're both wonderful human beings. I hope we can get this straightened out, because we need you both around here.
    Dominica and True concern like this.