An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Self detox from Durogesic 100 microgram patches

Discussion in 'Share Your Detox Experience' started by loser, Jan 17, 2019.

1. True concern

True concern Moderator

Calm yourself brother, I haven't gone anywhere
    Dominica likes this.
  2. True concern

True concern Moderator

No way,I'm the last person that's gonna leave over truth,everybody is fullofshit once in awhile lol.No man I just been kinda stuck because my uncle's back around and that has my nerves all on sensory overload and I haven't been able to see my wife and stepkids or grandkids for almost 2 month's but I got to see them yesterday so I guess it was nice,it's always a bit depressing to see them after so much time in between but ya I'm not the smoke and mirrors type my brother, never have been.Im the guy people stop talk I g to because I have to be honest and at time's apparently it's offensive, who would've known?How are you feeling @loser I am assuming you feel terrible and a bit emotional because I think at least the emotional part is starting to sink in....You Almost Have Complete Control Again and that sh*t in itself can be a head game at time's. Oh but don't trip I didn't drink or do any drug's, even though my wife invited me to the bar some how I declined and I really miss that bit*h:confused:
    Dominica likes this.
  3. True concern

True concern Moderator

I am good my brother, just trying not to overload my thoughts with to much stress now that someone is in my home on meth everyday it's a bit like staring down the barrel of a gun but never pulling the trigger,it's an emotional, mental fuc*in rollercoaster I can't seem to get away from....but I am sober
    deanokat and Dominica like this.
  4. True concern

True concern Moderator

I am super proud of you my brother, and I apologize...I logged on both Sat and Sun but I didn't check all the sections for thread creation,I will blame the A.D.H.D.for that at this time,usually I check the share your story section and all the desperate substance sections but I rarely see activity beyond that so I am literally just now seeing this thread and the only reason I found it was because @deanokat had tagged me.I do apologize, I feel terrible I would have been messaging you all weekend please know I didn't ignore this thread on purpose.I care about you A lot my friend you may probably never understand that considering it's all done via the internet but I have come to genuinely love and care for the addicts I communicate with, about 4-5 month's ago I was having a difficult time telling who was honest and who wasn't on this site,more specifically who truly had a problem and who was claiming to in a way to mock us addicts.There have been a few people who have followed my journey for month's simply to insult me and make fun of me via inbox messages and that sh*t hurt because I read every story as if it's true and real,I use to respond in great depth all the time but I had to slow that down and only respond in depth once a conversation has actually begun because emotionally it was kicking myass,however I know you're fight has been real and I have spent month's, sh*t probably a year now reaching out to you because I was supposed to die to my friend and though our detoxs are night and day different I knew you would survive,I knew if I just kept typing whether you responded or not that I could offer a small amount of hope just as you have for me.I will never turn my back on you,not for any reason.I would rather be hated knowing I helped change a life than loved knowing I sat back and did nothing
  5. Dominica

Dominica Recovery Advocate @ Moving Beyond Codependency Community Listener

Hey you! I don't know what Bannock is...and I rarely eat meat. lol also, I didn't dance...but maybe someday I will!

I have done some offerings with some friends who are Native American and Shamans. Very interesting and yes, powerful. But yes, will do this here at home. Thanks!
  6. Dominica

@True concern ah, glad you are sober. i imagine it is hard with your uncle right there using. ugh.

and we really do need each other here! well, maybe not "need", but community is good. and authentic community involves being a mirror, speaking the truth, and unconditional love. hard to come by.... but it's possible!

how are you feeling @loser ?
    True concern and deanokat like this.
  7. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Dominica and True concern like this.
  8. deanokat

Good! Sorry if I overreacted. From the way you ended that post it sounded like you were leaving the forum. Happy you didn't. How are you doing today?
    Dominica likes this.
  9. True concern

True concern Moderator

I honestly can't recall a post I left which may have given that impression but nope I have no plans on going anywhere
    Dominica likes this.
  10. True concern

True concern Moderator

I don't know I would go as far to say "Need"maybe other's don't feel that way but as a recovering addict with trust issue's I can admit I need you people, in fact I don't know where I might be or what may have happened to me without this place so ya I feel very comfortable saying need
    Dominica and deanokat like this.
  11. deanokat

I was talking about @loser. But I think I jumped the gun. I think all is well. :)
    True concern and Dominica like this.
  12. Dominica

Happy Tuesday! I hope everyone has a good day.

How are you feeling @loser? Symptoms subsiding?
    True concern and deanokat like this.
  13. Dominica

@True concern I just saw that you got to visit with your family. well, that's wonderful! and i'm glad you refused the bar.... that might have been tough!!! :)
    deanokat likes this.
  14. True concern

True concern Moderator

Tough is a major understatement
  15. deanokat

Thinking of and praying for you this morning, @loser. I hope you're doing alright. If we can help out at all by listening or encouraging, please let us know. We're all behind you 110 percent!! Keep moving forward, my brother!!
    True concern likes this.
  16. loser

loser Community Champion

Still at 12 micrograms. Yet still sick. Not understanding why I am having such a hard time. But it's my burdon to bear. Hopefully it stops soon.
  17. deanokat

I hope it stops soon, too, @loser. Sending you love and hope.
    loser likes this.
  18. True concern

True concern Moderator

Good to hear from you my brother, I am sorry to hear you are still sick and I want to share some truth with you...I assume you are on your second 12mcg patch and though still sick you are probably stabiling somewhat by now...I know you have quite a few 12mcg patches left so the day after you have fully stabilized I would eat up for strength and rest and the following day drop to 6mcg instead of continuing on with another 12mcg this will allow you to transition from 12mcg to 6mcg easier than if you wait and allow your self to become completely comfortable on 12mcg.I am super proud of you my friend, you are strong like an oak tree that no hurricane can topple
    deanokat, loser and Dominica like this.
  19. Dominica

@loser hope you are feeling better today.... you are almost there! when you say sick, do you mean you are in the bed all day sick? or can you get up and around? just curious ....
    deanokat and loser like this.
  20. loser

loser Community Champion

I am not sick to the point of being non functional. It is just the perpetual achy feeling that never seems to want to stop. And I had alot of stomach cramping yesterday... but that has subsided.

I still have to shop... do dishes, clean, look after the dog and cat, etc. On top of this, I have to go to Paris on the 6th for a couple of days... Something I should be looking forward to... but being sick kind of takes the joy out of it.