An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Share your experience

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Jorge Solis, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Jorge Solis

Jorge Solis Active Contributor

Hello everyone! My name is Jorge Solis and I would like to hear from you what your experience has been on this forum. I am a new member and would like to get some feedback from you! Please share your experience! Kind regards!
  2. L_B

L_B Community Champion

My experience here has been nothing but positive. The people on this site are very informative and supportive people. They are non judgmental and everybody is welcomed with opened arms. There are some truly inspirational stories that really touch your heart. People have overcome so much and are now leading clean, healthy lives. Everybody on here is always there to help others who are struggling with their addictions. I came here feeling alone and confused and these people have touched my life in a way they will never understand. They reached out and help me better understand what I was dealing with. They were upfront and honest. They didn't sugar coat anything and that is something I appreciate. This is one of the best forums I have ever been on. I don't know where I would be without them!
    deanokat likes this.
  3. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Welcome to the community, @Jorge Solis. We are a group of caring, non-judgmental people who are here to offer support and help to those who need it. I hope you can benefit from being here.
  4. EditorsRHumansToo!

EditorsRHumansToo! Community Champion

Hi, @Jorge Solis On behalf of our friends here: Welcome!

I appreciate the information about the dangers of substance abuse and the importance of understanding why we must say "NO" to drugs and the abuse of them. I stand with the people here with the non-judgmental help and support in finding ways to healing and recovery-- for a better quality of life with loved ones, friends and with ourselves.
  5. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Community Champion

@deanokat has summarized in this intro what I have found in this forum; wonderful members who are non-judgmental but supportive, people who really care for one another, providing help, sharing experiences, bringing to our attention useful information and more.

This may help to understand why we feel at home shortly after joining the forum, and willing to correspond with our own experience, support and care for new and existing members wanting advice, a little of our attention, or simply to talk about different topics or concerns.

That being said, welcome to the forum @Jorge Solis :)
    deanokat likes this.
  6. dechantajones

dechantajones Active Contributor

To add on to what has already been stated, I personally feel everyone here is "real", no one puts on facades. I've felt comfortable sharing my experiences with substance abuse without fear of judgment and learned a lot since becoming a member.
  7. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

Welcome Jorge Solis. I concur with everything mentioned above. I joined looking for advice on how to help some I know are addicted and ended up getting much more than I bargained for. I now have a family of new friends and family whose advice and knowledge I find invaluable.

The forum is my addiction and I have no desire to quit.
    deanokat likes this.
  8. Carnold23

Carnold23 Community Champion

My experience on this site has been wonderful. Everyone here is so kind, and so supportive. There isn't arguing, or trolling, or hateful people like there is on other forums. I am so thankful for the people here, and I hope I can help as many people as I can here.
    Winterybella and deanokat like this.
  9. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Community Champion

@Jorge Solis Hello and welcome to this forum! Even though I am not into any kind of addiction I am learning here many things from the experiences of those who are struggling and recovering from addiction. And at the same time I can share my opinions and ideas that I knew coming from the experiences of my relatives and friends who had members of their families who are also into this kind of situation. The people in this site are so caring, loving and non judgmental that is why you will feel well accepted and no one will criticize you in this forum. I do hope you will enjoy and learn many things for you to share to other people while participating in the discussions in this forum!
    deanokat likes this.