An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Should heroin be available on the NHS for drug addicts?

Discussion in 'Heroin' started by gustbaiderment, Jun 25, 2015.

1. tarverten

tarverten Senior Contributor

It is not possible to quit heroin if you are prescribed heroin to quit it.

The natural progression of drugs is to increase the dosage in tandem with the immune system as it tries hard to counter-attack the drugs effect - which means that you need more of the drug to relieve the withdrawal symptoms so those 'experts' that advocate weaning off drugs by taking the same drug they are addicted to are talking rubbish. They are not experts at all!

There are only a handful of true experts on drug addiction in the UK. Allen Carr's Easy Way International (London) primarily deal with smoking but the treat all manner of addictions including cocaine and heroin and offer a no quibble money back guarantee. They do not use gimmicks, drugs, useless aids and they usually treat the individual in just five hours - from addict to freedom in just five hours! Robin Haley is the man to contact. (No I am not connected commercially to that organisation but from personal experience of them - their work equals success.
  2. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Senior Contributor

One of the few things this government could do, is to push this through. It will not matter really as they are going to get slaughtered in the next election anyway as which ever party in power brings this in would get a right pasting by the press. As Brown and Labour are getting a pasting no matter what, they might have some courage and do something good and then take a beating.

Making heroin illegal drives up the prices. Which means that the profits increase. Which means more people want to make money out of it.

Legalise and regulate it, then you drive down prices. You can offer rehabilitation to addicts and cut down on drug related crime.

I do not like drugs, they ruin lives and drug dealers are scum, but fighting this war is not working.
  3. shadowsupernature

shadowsupernature Senior Contributor

Absolutely not.This would be a very big mistake and,would cost this country dearly in more violent crime and domestic abuse.Also it will open the door to a sharp increase in drug addiction.This will send out the message that you will be able to obtain drugs for free on the N.H.S
    and addiction rates will soar.
    We need to remember that taking heroin is in fact illegal and,so is the supply,how would the government deal with that?
    I have personal experience of dealing with heroin addicts and think they are the lowest form of humanity on the planet and,if you have seen some of the things I have then you would realise what heroin does to people and families and society in general.
    Another way of looking at this is the fact that heroin is actually a pain killer and by abusing it hides any possible serious illness someone may have.In a number of cases this leads to certain death.
    More resources should be given to erase this addiction and supply instead of awarding more cash etc to the N.H.S to fuel what is already a major problem.
  4. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Senior Contributor

3 simple injections can help prevent a woman getting cervical cancer, the course of drugs costs 400 quid the NHS won't supply it unless the person is at high risk. So i have to be objective, i smoke knowing the risks the NHS won't give me smokes alcoholics don't get booze so why should crack heads get free heroin. I'm a weak person i'm addicted to cigarettes therefore i'm an addict giving me more of my drug won't help me get of the addiction. So no heroin shouldn't be available on the NHS for crack heads.
  5. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Senior Contributor

prescribing heroin is the ONLY way to deal with this drug, the law has created the black market which creates all the crime. 37% of working adults smoke weed, it is only a matter of time before we start dealing with illicit drugs sensibly.

the whole illicit drugs trade in the UK kills about 4000 people yearly, maybe they should give graves with alcohol and tobacco after all they kill 140,000 yearly...

mrhairyman is correct heroin isnt a killer its the filth they put in it. also another cause of death is the quantity aswell as quality, overdosing is a common cause of death which could be reduced with prescribed doses, but for us everyday folk who dont take heroin the £18billion aquistion crime heroin and cocaine addicts commit should be enough reason to want this drug prescribed.

just because i can goto the Docs and ask for some smack doesnt mean i will do, will i lose all basic brain functions aswell and not be able to make the decision i have made all my life not to take a silly drug like heroin? Legalising/prescribing isnt a green light to all that its a good idea to take, no one has said that, but hte current system has failed and something need to be done.