An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Should I remove my spouse in rehab?

Discussion in 'Questions About Treatment' started by xxmariexx, May 21, 2019.

1. xxmariexx

xxmariexx Member

My husband is in rehab for more than 7 months now. Should I remove him out already?
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@xxmariexx... What do the people at the rehab think about your husband's situation? They would probably be the best at assessing his situation. Can I ask what he's in treatment for?
  3. xxmariexx

xxmariexx Member

The rehab says he's doing quite well. Treatment for meth addiction. He's there voluntarily.
  4. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

What do they say about his release, though? Do they recommend it? Or do they think he needs to stay longer? Again, I think they are the best ones to evaluate his status. Maybe you could suggest getting together with them and your husband for a meeting to discuss it? Just a thought.
  5. xxmariexx

xxmariexx Member

They recommend the 12- 15 months program. But we can no longer pay for it.
  6. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Community Champion

Google the expensive rehabs. YouTube it also. They (many of them)know your financial status up front. I mean think about all the info you had to give them,when he went. Some have been exposed for actually figuring how long you can keep your loved one there before you are tapped out. There was a documentary on it. Might can still find it on YouTube.
  7. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Community Champion

Might not be the case. But the fact that he was signed up and now you just have the option of getting him,out and don't have more info sounds sketchy to me.
    I admit I'm the type to question everything. I read all the small print before I even signed at my bank before i opened my savings account. It took a long time. Even the lady asked,me if I was really going to read it When,she asked me if I wanted to read it. She was shocked I actually read all of it.

But for real its something to think about.
    deanokat likes this.
  8. DoxyMom

DoxyMom Community Champion

Do they have an out patient program for less money?
    deanokat likes this.
  9. True concern

True concern Community Champion

im with @Joshstillclean on them purposely tapping you out.Ive struggled with meth even on major stretches like years at a time.7 months is well more than enough time to be over withdrawls and i would also say the amount of counseling has been a lot so in my opinion take him out and find an N/A meeting and have him do 90 in 90 by then you will be coming up on a year and he is there voulantarily so i believe he is serious about staying sober or he would have walked out long ago{This is just my opinion}
    DoxyMom, deanokat and Joshstillclean like this.