New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Should I take suboxene during detox

Discussion in 'Withdrawal Symptoms' started by Uncertain, May 9, 2018.

1. Uncertain

Uncertain Member

I have been taking pain pills for probably 12 years, last july I quit cold turkey for 25 days than gradually returning to full use plus and takin double daily dosage ,Ifeel it is barely helping and I dont want to go thru a painful detox again which it lasted 21 days before I started feeling normal again, but I run my own business and cant miss work in order to support my family, so I am researching suboxene to help with cravings and withdraw,but dont want to trade one for another, has anyone been thru this and any advice?. Can I switch to suboxene to save me from the horrible withdrawal that I will endure cold turkey and than ween myself off suboxene after like 3 months without a bad withdrawal?
  2. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@Uncertain hey there. just responded in a different thread. :)
  3. True concern

True concern Community Champion

@Uncertain i as well responded in another thread,but i will simply say this.It's trading one for another only true problem is eventually you will be kicking more substance than you currently have to.I explained in great depth on other post
  4. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

The only way to take Suboxone during detox is to do it under a doctor's close supervision, @Uncertain. Use it as the doctor directs and then have the doctor help you taper off of it. Under no circumstances should you get Suboxone off the street and try to do it yourself. Otherwise you'll just end up addicted to the Subs. My son used Suboxone to help him get off heroin and it was a lifesaver for him. But, like everything else, your results may vary. Nothing works the same for everyone. Whatever you decide, I wish you luck.
    True concern likes this.
  5. True concern

True concern Community Champion

I am happy to hear it helped your son get off of heroin as honestly I have only heard horror stories of a compounded problem.But at the same time it's hard to explain how psychedelics actually helped me with a serious medical condition.Again so happy it helped your son.God bless and take care
    deanokat likes this.
  6. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@Uncertain hey there! just re-reading this thread and wondering how you're doing....??