An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Should You Smoke Weed Every Day

Discussion in 'Marijuana' started by rondavis, May 25, 2019.

1. rondavis

rondavis Member

Removed Content not properly attributed. DMCA take down notice

-Admin

Perhaps more pertinently, 8.4 million Americans smoke marijuana almost every day. While there are a lot of recreational users, most people still need weed to tackle medical issues such as chronic pain, anxiety, and depression. While high-profile entities like rapper Nate Dogg recommend that we “smoke weed every day,” is this actually a good idea or should we be wary of long-term effects? Remember, marijuana research is still in its relative infancy, and there are very few longer-term studies. Therefore, some individuals may be wondering, “is it bad to smoke weed every day?”. Let’s take a look at the possible pros and cons of smoking weed every day.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2019
    Dominica likes this.
  2. Dominica

Dominica Recovery Advocate @ Moving Beyond Codependency Community Listener

@rondavis i'm sure the opinion will vary. i've not delved into that much research, but most likely will do this sometime. there's some documentaries out there i'd like to see. i do believe there is medicinal value...but perhaps not for everyone.
    deanokat likes this.
  3. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Stupidity Exists - Fact.

Actually only that many (percentage)of Americans admit to smoking daily. I believe the number of pot users is much higher. Closer to the number of Americans that drink.
    Yes I'm being serious.
    I don't smoke daily in fact I don't smoke any more at all. But I do use THC oil for medicinal reasons. And it works great. Teens shouldn't smoke. I don't think anyone should use THC daily. I cannot drink myself. I wish I could, but I cannot. But even if I could I don't think it would be good for me to do it daily.
    I think drinking daily is bad, not drinking period. I dont think there is anything wring with drinking to relax a little if you can handle it.
    I think I've given myself away as to where I stand on the pot issue.
    Didn't someone famous say "Moderation in all things."
    deanokat and DoxyMom like this.
  4. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

I would think the most intelligent answer to the "Should you smoke weed every day?" question is, quite simply..."No." To say you should is crazy. Unless you're using weed for medicinal purposes, what exactly could the pros of daily marijuana use be? Seriously. I don't know if I can think of any.
    Joshstillclean likes this.
  5. RSH85

RSH85 Member

I don't smoke weed for over a year already. But I do use some CBD for sleep. I've been taking it for a couple of months to help me sleep and it 100% worked. Helped with both my chronic pain and making me tired/able to fall asleep. Also you may want to try some alternatives from health store
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  6. gxk

gxk Member

I have been addicted to weed for the past 3-4 years.

I would NOT recommend smoking it daily, if you are at least anything like me (addictive personality).

I have been in a slump for several months because of this, and I cannot stop due to the withdrawals I am facing.

Please use caution. People say weed isn't addictive, but after smoking so long, its changed my brain chemistry so much, that I can't function without it.
  7. KatherinHeiny

KatherinHeiny Member

As compared the use of recreational marijuana in the form of smoking, we should try to increase its medical use. Smoking weeds every day leads to some kind of addiction. I think it could be injurious to health. By the way, I am willing to use CBD oil to get rid of chronic pain. Did any of you try it?
  8. gxk

gxk Member

I am currently on a CBD/THC tablet combination.

It looks like a little breathmint and has THC and CBD in it, pretty neat!

I have not found, that it helps with chronic pain though... :(
  9. KatherinHeiny

KatherinHeiny Member

Is it also available in tablet form? Actually, my uncle suggested me CBD oils and I found one list here. I researched and found that THC free ones are legal to use. Can you suggest any specific brand which is entirely legal in California? Secondly, do CBD oils give actual relief against chronic pains? I am suffering from headache and sometimes myofascial pain disorders. I have tried many medicines and workouts but they didn't help. Finally, I am thinking about CBD.
    gxk likes this.
  10. gxk

gxk Member

If I am not mistaken, Marijuana is legal in the State of California, you should have no problem getting CBD if that is the case...

The brand is just a local brand here where I live, that cultivates their own stuff.

The ones I use, look like little tablets (about the size of a small breath mint) and you stick it under your tongue and wait for it to dissolve.

I wouldn't buy or trust an external link like that, to be honest. Those people, who have websites that are "Best CBD Oil List" or "Best THC List", are getting a commission when they advertise someones brand. So they aren't really rating the brands, they are just making up fake information, to promote that brand, and in turn, that brand gives them money for the promotion. Affiliate Marketing is the name!

For me, CBD doesn't relieve any pain at all. I've had the drops before, and those gave me a severe headache.
    The only reason I got these little tablet THC/CBD ones, is because I am trying to taper down on the weed I am smoking a day.

Hope that helps :)

<3
  11. KatherinHeiny

KatherinHeiny Member

No doubt, it is legal but maybe with zero THC. Don't you think? I think tablets also does the same thing. We need to put them on tough and need to take it inside. I am not sure. By the way, the list is about the best CBD oil brands that are used for pain management. I found it on Google. If brands are giving money for promotions then is there a place to know actual views of users about these products?

My major concern is myofascial pains. My friend told be that it made it a little high when he used it. Similarly, another colleague told me that it is better than aspirin. That's why I am considering to use it. There should be some news or certified researches about the best brands without marketing tactics. I really need it. Otherwise, I have to go with trigger point injections to treat myofascial pains. Honestly, injection always scares me.
  12. gxk

gxk Member

You just have to search the actual brands. Those sites that are "best of ______" anything are all most likely just people making useless websites, in order to gain money. Its called affiliate marketing and it is very effective.

Your friend said they got high while using CBD? There MAY be a tiny tiny buzz, but no, CBD does not make you high. That is just wrong to say.

Are you against THC? I am just wondering why you are choosing CBD over Weed, if legal in Cali.

:)

Talk soon!
  13. Davers

Davers Community Champion

In-Dooo
    Is the way to go .

I'd rather , well not rather but would find it cool to grow a 20 foot Sta via outside or some tall bushy indicas outside , but where I could watch & care for them, + it's still a Felony to grow any Pot plants here .

Some 20 + years ago I dreamed of being a Guerrilla Farmer here in the East .

IMO Pot is a good med, but it can be abused like most things .
  14. landmarkboston1

landmarkboston1 Active Contributor

One of the biggest myths surrounding marijuana is that it can make you “couch locked”, lazy and unmotivated. This can definitely be the case, depending on the type of strain you smoke.