An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Shrooms

Discussion in 'Other Substances' started by AAngelo, Jul 9, 2015.

1. AAngelo

AAngelo Senior Contributor

For those who don't know, shrooms is a kind of mushroom that is either jammed or dried up for consumption and it causes psychedelic hallucinations.

Has anybody here been addicted to this magic mushroom? I mean, it is considered in my university as a dangerous drug and it is avoided like meth. I've taken it and I have to say it is scary. Especially considering that I suddenly my senses a few blocks away from where I remembered taking them. Is the perceived danger of the drug strictly drawn from its effects or is addiction really a thing here?
  2. Coolkidhere

Coolkidhere Community Champion

I have not heard of this 'shrooms'. So I went and searches it in the internet. According to what I have searched, it either gives you a good or bad trip. And the more you take them, the longer your trip will last.

So it is probably addicting as your trip will depend on how many shrooms you eat. Though it can actually hurt you as it can give you a bad trip too.
  3. ZXD22

ZXD22 Senior Contributor

Yea I've heard of shrooms before and one of my friends used to do it. I don't think it is very common though. Never been addicted to it and never tried it thankfully.