An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

'Shrooms

Discussion in 'Other Substances' started by diprod, Jan 3, 2015.

1. amethyst

amethyst Community Champion

I used to live in a region with a big alternative community where magic mushrooms, or "gold tops" were on the daily "menu". I have never heard of people dying from them, but obviously, under the "right" circumstances one can die from anything. Yet, I have come across several cases where people went mad. I personally know of one guy who completely lost his mind after ingesting too many "gold tops". Something in his brain got permanently affected, and he now needs psychiatric care around the clock.
  2. kjonesm1

kjonesm1 Community Champion

Shrooms are literally poison, the poison is it's protection against rodents and small animals. Humans are big enough where if we ingest a small amount it won't kill us, but we still feel effects. The high from shrooms is really intense and people can have adverse affects which result in a "bad trip". People can also overdose and die from shrooms if it's overdone.
  3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

I am not really an expert regarding this, but I know that some mushrooms are dangerous to consume/eat because they contain harmful chemicals/content that can be poisonous.
  4. CameronAlsop

CameronAlsop Member

Are magic mushrooms any good?
  5. CharlesClark

CharlesClark Member

You can buy them online now.
  6. nieprophsono

nieprophsono Member

I mean, it all depends on a human being and the dosage. I personally love shrooms, and I took a lot only once. It wasn’t a pleasant experience, but nothing crazy happened. I learned my lesson, and since then, I only took the right dosage for me. I prefer a chill vibe. That’s why I’m more into weed, but I also really love shroom trips every Friday with my friends. We usually order medicinal mushrooms from the inner atlas website and watch trippy Rick and Morty episodes. If you know how to calculate the right dosage, it will be really fun and also healthy; if you are looking for some good and organic mushrooms, then you should check it out.